PDA

View Full Version : How long can you store rinseless wash?

Shortspark
09-08-2013, 03:50 AM
I generally use the "Gary Dean Method" when using rinseless washes. I mix my solution and place about eight MF towels in the bucket and use them one by one on the panels. After I use one I put it in a pail of water with oxiclean to soak. The towels never return to the original wash solution.

I find that I still have plenty of solution left over in my five gallon bucket, even if I mix only two or three gallons of wash. Since the solution is still clean, I was wondering if I could put a lid on the bucket and keep it covered until my next wash (usually a week or two). Has anyone stored their wash solution this way and does the effectiveness diminish in any way over time?

It only takes a minute to fill the bucket so it is not the work I'm trying to save but I hate to waste gallons of good product. Also, with a bucket ready to go at all times I could dip into it to clean things like bugs, bird bombs or light road grime from the bottom few inches of the lower panels. I go back and forth with different brands such as Duragloss, ONR and the new Turtle Wax rinseless.

Harry Da Hamster
09-08-2013, 04:06 AM
I read on one of the forums where the OPT rep stated the solution will not degrade after long periods of time even after the product has lost its blue color.

swanicyouth
09-08-2013, 04:18 AM
It has to be good a very long time. Think of how long you can keep a spray bottle of ONR as a clay lube.

Kappy
09-08-2013, 05:51 AM
I also use the Garry Dean Method, and I prespray each panel as he does in his videos. I save the leftover clean solution from the bucket and use it to fill my spray bottle.

Dogfather
09-08-2013, 06:15 AM
I also use the Garry Dean Method, and I prespray each panel as he does in his videos. I save the leftover clean solution from the bucket and use it to fill my spray bottle.

That's a great idea. I've always used UWW+ as a presoak, and despite being very economical, I seem to go through it faster than I'd like to. It's amazing how much rinseless is leftover. I'm definitely going to employ your method.

Shortspark
09-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the replies. Looks like it should be good to clean even after the color is gone - and I really like the idea of using leftover solution in a spray bottle for a pre-soak! Why didn't I think of that?!?!

wompasaurus
09-08-2013, 08:13 AM
i think heat and sun light will play a factor in degrading product as well. i never leave chems in my vehicle