PDA

View Full Version : New to autogeek from ny with new car

vowbeachbum
09-07-2013, 11:13 PM
hi everyone.im new to this site registration but have been looking threw these forums for a while now.i, from queens new York right by the beach.

since I just got a brand new car im looking to go past just the 2 bucket system I've been using on my past cars.i have always clayed my used cars and waxed them by hand from day 1 of ownership.

now I have a semi new car 2011 infiniti m37s platinum graphite silver.and the detail job the dealer did is fading off.like wax or polish whatever they did.i have had the car for 6 months and always 2 bucket washed it with gold glass Maguire's shampoo soap using a foam gun first.california blade to dry then waffle towel.im starting to notice some swirls peaking threw but nothing terriable.could this be from me? or from 1st owner and the detail from dealer covered it up.i bought car with 16,700 miles second owner.the car like glows when its cleaned and im trying to renew that effect.thing of going with wolfgang sealant 3.0 then fusion over it for the winter.problem is I don't have a garage only driveway.can I use a car cover to cover the car after I hit it with the sealant 3.0 then sit it for 12 hours then hit it with the fusion?or should I hit it early am 7ish then let it sit intill 6 pm and hit it with the fusion?

hope people car help I work a lot and its hard for me to search through threads like crazy for info..thanks in advance..beach....

af90
09-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Anytime you touch the paint you're running the risk of instilling swirls and scratches no matter how minor. So over time you're going to notice a few over time, personally I'm not a fan of the water blade because I feel it is way too easy/risky to grab some dirt that was either missed or landed on it and run a scratch right down the panel. It could also have been caused by the first owner.

I don't like car covers for similar reasons in that it is easy to trap dirt but up to you, I don't see a problem with applying/wiping off the sealant and covering the car for the 12 hours until you apply Fuzion. I have never read anything that says the sealant needs to cure with sun light and I often let my car cure in the garage.

goldendodo19
09-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Welcome from queens!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Welcome to AGO.

Evan.J
09-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Chris@AutoCleanse
09-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Welcome to the GEEK.

Pureshine
09-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Welcome to AGO :)

Wors
09-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Welcome AGO!

mwoolfso
09-09-2013, 02:43 AM
im starting to notice some swirls peaking threw but nothing terriable.could this be from me? or from 1st owner and the detail from dealer covered it up.i bought car with 16,700 miles second owner.the car like glows when its cleaned and im trying to renew that effect. Hard to tell..... you need a baseline to reference and that would be at a point where you last stripped the car, performed a visual inspection and documented any defects

thing of going with wolfgang sealant 3.0 then fusion over it for the winter.problem is I don't have a garage only driveway.can I use a car cover to cover the car after I hit it with the sealant 3.0 then sit it for 12 hours then hit it with the fusion?or should I hit it early am 7ish then let it sit intill 6 pm and hit it with the fusion? The problem with a car cover is that it will rest on the sealant as it cures. So on that point alone I would say the early morning sealant and later afternoon wax is best.

Welcome! Nassau County here.

jpegs13
09-09-2013, 03:24 AM
Welcome! Nassau County here.
:welcome: Ditto!

vet
09-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Welcome!