PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Leather Maintenance

hamlyn
09-07-2013, 01:21 PM
I read that Dakota leather (BMW) is protected or coated leather. Recommended are water based products for foam cleaning, hydrating and protecting dakota leather.
Is there one product you recommend above others?

Thanks...

Pureshine
09-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Yes its coated leather I use Sonax leather foam works great very easy to use.

hamlyn
09-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks for your response.
Looking at the product description on AG, it appears it leaves a filmy residue. Do you experience that when you use it on your leather?
I prefer a product that does not leave a sheen.

Harry Da Hamster
09-07-2013, 03:32 PM
The vehicle i'm currently trying to sell has Dakota leather. Dakota Leather seems to have a really thick protective coating and conditioners don't seem to do anything. I used Woolite, Pristine Clean, and Adams Total Interior Detailer for clean up.

Pureshine
09-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Thanks for your response.
Looking at the product description on AG, it appears it leaves a filmy residue. Do you experience that when you use it on your leather?
I prefer a product that does not leave a sheen.

It doesn't leave a sheen at all us it everyday in my shop and there is no residue at all. Just read the description it says it doesn't leave any residue and say nothing about sheen. When you wipe it dry it leaves it soft and natural looking.

PA DETAILER
09-08-2013, 04:02 AM
Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, auto leather cleaner, car leather conditioner, best leather cleaner conditioner (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-leather-cleaner-conditioner.html)

i have been using this on my xterra leather seating. nothing but praise for this product. :xyxthumbs: