PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, Looking for some input.

Alby
09-07-2013, 10:12 AM
I have always either polished or waxed my cars by hand. Elbows and shoulders getting tired and asking for some input. I am stepping up my game and place an order with Autogeek. I hopefully didn't jump the gun with my product selection. Below is my order and I was wondering if you experience guys would critique my selection. Thank you in advance.

(04 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab - Summit White in color)

Griot's Garage Polisher Club Kit 6 and 3 inch
XMT Series - #3, #1 and Finishing Glaze
PIN-GLASS-T - Pinnacle Glass Twins
8 oz. Griot's Garage Paint Cleaning Clay
35 oz. Griot's Garage Speed Shine Detailer
6.5 Inch CCS Lake Country Pads (Orange, White, Gray)

Hoping I did alright. Car and paint in great shape, very few dings. Most not big enough to really see unless you are looking for them. Scratches or what I call drying scratches, are minor, maybe a few larger ones but nothing too serious.

Thank you,
Alby

mikesal57
09-07-2013, 11:32 AM
looks good to me :applause:

what do have for tires and an all purpose cleaner?

get some ONR to make more quick detailer...you will go through it fast

too bad, you missed some good discounts..unless you got the new member one :)

Alby
09-07-2013, 11:36 AM
I did get the items on sale. I just received my order yesterday. Looking forward to using everything. Is ONR a name brand?

A lot of abbreviations used on here trying to learn. LOL

Thanks for the input.

af90
09-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Optimum (the company) No Rinse. it's their rinseless wash solution.

KS_Detailing
09-07-2013, 02:52 PM
I started off with the LC 6.5 CCS pads a quickly realized they were too big. But you have a truck so they might work better for you. I switched to the 5.5 CCS pads and have been much happier with them. Also picked up 4 in CCS pads for spot work and tight spots. Ive been experimenting but been using orange for compound, white for polish and red for wax.

Please give a review for the 3" GG polisher! I have been thinking about it but reading mixed reviews.

cardaddy
09-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Alby,

First :welcome:to AGO! :)

Looks like a great first order!:props: 135

I'd say get a gallon of Megs 135 Synthetic Detailer Spray, really great to have around. And of course as mentioned earlier, Optimum No Rinse (ONR) is something that nobody should be without. You can use 3 capfuls to 3 gallons of water for a rinseless wash. Use 2 capfuls to a bottle for quick detail spray (QD spray), and even add a cap to your regular wash bucket (or rinse bucket) for added lubricity when washing.

Last time it was on BOGO was around black Friday last year. Figure it's about time again... hint hint Autogeek! ;) (Might be good to put both non wax and WAX versions on BOGO.)

Speaking of XMT, might want to grab a bottle or two of the pad cleaner spray. It's great to have next to your mud sink when you're cleaning up (your pads) for the day. ;) Some swear by the polishes, I'd leave that to others as I may have way (or as my wife says WAAAAAAAAAY too many compounds and polishes) but XMT is one I don't have. :rolleyes: Meguiar's - check, Menzerna - check, Griots - check, that I use pretty much in that order (and who knows how many others). :)

cleanmycorolla
09-07-2013, 04:14 PM
What about the interior. No one ever lists interior stuff in their first order you spend lots of time on the inside of your rides people :)

Alby
09-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Alby,

First :welcome:to AGO! :)

Looks like a great first order!:props: 135

I'd say get a gallon of Megs 135 Synthetic Detailer Spray, really great to have around. And of course as mentioned earlier, Optimum No Rinse (ONR) is something that nobody should be without. You can use 3 capfuls to 3 gallons of water for a rinseless wash. Use 2 capfuls to a bottle for quick detail spray (QD spray), and even add a cap to your regular wash bucket (or rinse bucket) for added lubricity when washing.

Last time it was on BOGO was around black Friday last year. Figure it's about time again... hint hint Autogeek! ;) (Might be good to put both non wax and WAX versions on BOGO.)

Speaking of XMT, might want to grab a bottle or two of the pad cleaner spray. It's great to have next to your mud sink when you're cleaning up (your pads) for the day. ;) Some swear by the polishes, I'd leave that to others as I may have way (or as my wife says WAAAAAAAAAY too many compounds and polishes) but XMT is one I don't have. :rolleyes: Meguiar's - check, Menzerna - check, Griots - check, that I use pretty much in that order (and who knows how many others). :)

I did get some of the pad cleaner spray, forgot to list. I will be looking for the BOGO and see what else I am in need of. Also, I will be getting the Megs 135 and the ONR. These are things that I am now learning about. So much info on here it is hard to choose, want to make the right decisions. Know what I mean. I used to wash and just polish, but I want to step it up. Spent quite a bit of money on my first order. Could have easily spent more!
Thanks for your input.

What about the interior. No one ever lists interior stuff in their first order you spend lots of time on the inside of your rides people :)

Didn't get any interior things just yet. Spent enough on my first order. Working on the exterior first. What do you recommend or like for the interior?
Thanks for the post.