PDA

View Full Version : 360, spot light, pad centering.

A1monky
06-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Hey everybody, I have a few more questions about using my PC.

< Don’t think the PC will fit under my wing. So I will use the 2-sided foam applicator pad to apply #3. Should I buff the polish until it clears, as it does w/ the PC?

< On all the spots I can’t use the PC on (i.e. edges of clear bra) can I use 360 like a LSP?

< I plan on getting shop lights, what wattage should I choose?

< How long should I wait to use the Souveran Spray wax after using LS?

< does anyone have a secret for centering LC pads?

I was thinking about getting a grease pen and marking four corners on the back of the pad. Measuring .75in from the edge, for a 6.5in pad using a 5in back plate.
Is this a good idea?

Thanks for all the help. Soon I will do a full write up. And have the sickest EVO in Orlando!!

Scooby
06-19-2007, 09:22 AM
< does anyone have a secret for centering LC pads?

I was thinking about getting a grease pen and marking four corners on the back of the pad. Measuring .75in from the edge, for a 6.5in pad using a 5in back plate.
Is this a good idea?

Sounds like a great idea, I will try it today!

Gnarboots11
06-19-2007, 11:25 AM
O man check out Eazy-E in Scooby's Avatar! AWESOME!

Anyways, to address the lighting question. I just did lights in my garage. They were 2 bulb flourescents my wife got from work for free, so that's how I chose them. They have a 40watt and a 32watt round flourescent bulb in each. They are square lights and I did 8 of them in a 2-car garage and there is plenty of light. I would say, if you were doing a 2-cay garage and you got the standard 2-bulb, T-8, 4' flourescents, you would need 3 per parking stall, and maybe another one over a work bench or something. I will get you a pic of my lighting when I get home and upload from my camera, just so you have an idea of what I am talking about.

A1monky
06-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Did U try it Scooby? it was my idea and I still havent tryed it... man I need too get out of the gym (job, PT). I will be trying it this weekend on my dads truck. I will post up the results.

Scooby
06-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Not yet, havent polished anything yet!

klumzypinoy
06-22-2007, 04:53 AM
Scooby's cruisin down the street with Eazy-E in his 64!

A1, maybe you can take off your wing so you can PC the rest of your trunk :) if it's not too much trouble. That way you won't have half the trunk looking polished and the other half looking out of place.