PDA

View Full Version : Critical Details: Subaru STI Hatchback (Obsidian Black Pearl) - Major Paint Correction + Opti-Coat

CriticalDetails
09-06-2013, 04:31 PM
This 2008 Obsidian Black Pearl Subaru STI Hatchback came in for a multiple day reconditioning detail that included: Rust Bloom Removal, Major Paint Correction, Opti-Coat Application, Opti-Glass Application and Interior Rejuvenation Detail. I have heard how incredibly soft and sticky the OBP Subaru paint is and I thought I had a good idea of what I was going up against. I was mistaken! The stickiness of the paint made wiping away the polish and performing the isopropyl alcohol wipe downs quite challenging. I ended up having to perform a three step paint correction finishing with Menzerna PO85RD on a grey Lake Country buffing pad to achieve the desired level of correction.

The vehicle owner chose to have Opti-Coat applied to the Obsidian Black Pearl paint to help minimize wash induced marring and any hard water spots in the future. The STI has a Cobb SF Intake, Accessport Stage One Tune and a P&L Street Series Cat Back Exhaust.

Products:
Detailer’s Pro High Performance Glass Restorer
Detailer’s Pro Rinseless Wash and Gloss
Optimum Car Wash
Optimum Opti-Coat
Optimum Opti-Glass
Optimum Metal Polish
Optimum Power Clean
Optimum Protectant Plus
Menzerna Final Finish
Menzerna Intensive Polish
Menzerna PO85RD
Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel
Ultima Trim and Tire Guard

Car Detailing: Subaru STI Hatchback (Obsidian Black Pearl) - Major Paint Correction + Opti-Coat - YouTube

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Beautiful. I enjoy watching your videos.

CriticalDetails
09-06-2013, 04:49 PM

Thank you very much. In my opinion nothing beats freshly polished black paint.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-06-2013, 04:51 PM
In my opinion nothing beats freshly polished black paint.

I feel the same way. That's why both of my BMW's are jet black.

hernandez.art13
09-06-2013, 05:01 PM

+1

Jet Black is always a pain to work with, but when freshly polished. IMO it looks so beautiful.

Great Video and Great Work!

I have to ask where do you find this music?

SonOfOC
09-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Sonax PF should be sold along side all black Subaru.

CriticalDetails
09-06-2013, 08:25 PM
+1

Jet Black is always a pain to work with, but when freshly polished. IMO it looks so beautiful.

Great Video and Great Work!

I have to ask where do you find this music?

Thank you. Typically I find new music on YouTube by clicking the suggested links. However this song was sent to me by a family member.

Sonax PF should be sold along side all black Subaru.

I have been reading great things about Sonax polishes and Sonax Polymer Net Shield lately.

Chris@AutoCleanse
09-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Outstanding work as usually and I know I keep saying the same thing, but great videos as always.

CriticalDetails
09-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Outstanding work as usually and I know I keep saying the same thing, but great videos as always.

Thank you. I was looking forward to filming this video for over a month. I am glad that you liked the final product.

af90
09-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Awesome job

CriticalDetails
09-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Awesome job

Thank you.

Pinpoint_Precision
09-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Man your videos are amazing. So refreshing to watch meaning not too long or not too short, not boring either like a lot of videos out there followed by amazing work. Perfect combo in my opinion. Keep up the great work.

CriticalDetails
09-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Man your videos are amazing. So refreshing to watch meaning not too long or not too short, not boring either like a lot of videos out there followed by amazing work. Perfect combo in my opinion. Keep up the great work.

Each time I edit a video I learn something new. Thank you very much for the compliment.