PDA

View Full Version : paste wax solutions

paradog
06-14-2007, 05:59 AM
like some others I hate dealing with the handling of pastewax. To me it seems to take too much time away from the process of detailing the car. BUt I have a solution...if someone out there would actually try this.

Rather than have the wax in a tin...put it on a dispensor like a anti-persperant roll on. This way the product is easier to use.
Feed back please

AUdakota
06-14-2007, 06:46 AM
are you than planning on putting it directly on the paint or to rub it on an applicator?

Mike T
06-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Interesting.....

BILL
06-14-2007, 08:24 AM
are you than planning on putting it directly on the paint or to rub it on an applicator?

I would think put it directly on the finish..then just rub it in?? im trying to imagine the time savings though.....HELP:confused:

Al-53
06-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Its been done and works fine...in fact Groits sells a wax in a container just like that..pops up and you apply to a pad or applicator....like a deodorant ....

Just clean out a deodorant container..melt the wax in a double boiler..pour it in and cool....only thing is I do not know how air tight they are so the wax may dry out in time....worth a shot to those who like the idea...

AL

BILL
06-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Its been done and works fine...in fact Groits sells a wax in a container just like that..pops up and you apply to a pad or applicator....like a deodorant ....

Just clean out a deodorant container..melt the wax in a double boiler..pour it in and cool....only thing is I do not know how air tight they are so the wax may dry out in time....worth a shot to those who like the idea...

AL

AL.........Help me out:confused: .....where is the actual time savings??

Inserting the foamie in a jar of paste wax and applying to surface as we do now or

applying the wax to a foamie via a container and applying to surface...

What am i missing....:confused: :) .......

Al-53
06-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Bill I think the concept is for the people who use a PC to apply wax..you just pop some up and rub on the pc pad and go.....I do waxes by hand..and just apply the wax from the tin to the applicator..old school I guess...
But for PC users it is nice....I guess...lol....

AL

BILL
06-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Bill I think the concept is for the people who use a PC to apply wax..you just pop some up and rub on the pc pad and go.....I do waxes by hand..and just apply the wax from the tin to the applicator..old school I guess...
But for PC users it is nice....I guess...lol....

AL

Ahhhhhh so......:D Thanks AL......Yes! for P.C.s maybe a good idea...;)

Surfer
06-14-2007, 09:16 AM
PC to apply wax rocks, rub on the pad and I can do damn near half the truck, the action of the PC leaves a perfect, even, thin coat and seems to spread product further. I mainly do it for time, takes me a fraction of the time then by hand.

Nica
06-14-2007, 09:26 AM
This is an interesting topic, I personally don't mind using the paste...but I can see the point to this topic. Interesting idea though.

paradog
06-14-2007, 11:54 AM
The air tight issue could be solved by simply storing the wax in a sealable plastic bag. Not sure I would want to try pouring the wax myself...Souveran isnt exacty cheap! While the topic was intended for those that use a PC to apply, I could see how hand appliers may not think this helpful.

I was mostly looking for a way to apply the wax to the pads without use of a glove. This method would remove the need for a glove and lessen the chance of contaminating the wax or worse...dropping it!! DId I mention the Natty's Blue that hit the ground? Twas a sad day!

supercharged
06-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Unless you use PITA paste wax, you won't have a problem. Pinnacle, and DP are pretty easy to apply/remove.