PDA

View Full Version : Blue Coral Product X

Pages : [1] 2

FMINUS
06-13-2007, 05:59 PM
How is it? Has anyone used it? Where can you find it?

Surfer
06-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Blue Coral...think I used their wash back in the day...pre-AG lol

FMINUS
06-13-2007, 06:19 PM
I used thier WAX, it was horrible, it was hard to take off, but then again this was maybe 6 years ago? Im sure I PACKED on the wax cause the MORE THE BETTER Right? Right?

RTexasF
06-13-2007, 06:19 PM
What is it?

Gnarboots11
06-13-2007, 06:25 PM
I think I saw blue coral stuff at Kragen's and Autozone last weekend when I was there checking out supplies they had.

ScottB
06-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Havent seen it in years, popular OTC offering not so long ago.

Ivan Rajic
06-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Someone on autopia mentioned it works great for filling scratches...

"I was able to use it yesterday on a black IS 250 that was pretty swirled, and it really did a good job. The customers didn't want to pay for a full detail, but I wanted to try the new stuff. I really hid the swirls very well. This stuff could be dangerous in the wrong lazy detailers hands, but if used correctly after leveling and polishing you could make most finishes flawles"

I want to try some as well for 1) perfecting the paint after polishing when 100% just isn't possible and 2) for those clients who want to spend $100 on a full detail instead of $250

FMINUS let me know if you can find it anywhere, because I searched for 5-10 mins earlier and didn't find it even on their website...

Gary Sword
06-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I used some Blue Coral wax years ago. The one thing I remember about it is that it was very hard to take off.

Al-53
06-13-2007, 06:59 PM
the Blue Coral Product x is not of the consumer line..it is the pro line..to different branches...One is owed by eco labs and I think shell oil just bought the pro line..the pro line is catered to tunnel car washes and detailers....the product x has been spoke of in good terms and a very good product..a good hider glaze....very hard to come by unless you have a buisness..or ebay..50.00 for the product and 25 to ship it from ebay...

I spoke to shaby on the phone about it and he loves it....really does what it says + ..great gloss and covers minor imperfections....

AL

Jimmie
06-13-2007, 07:13 PM
the Blue Coral Product x is not of the consumer line..it is the pro line..to different branches...One is owed by eco labs and I think shell oil just bought the pro line..the pro line is catered to tunnel car washes and detailers....the product x has been spoke of in good terms and a very good product..a good hider glaze....very hard to come by unless you have a buisness..or ebay..50.00 for the product and 25 to ship it from ebay...

I spoke to shaby on the phone about it and he loves it....really does what it says + ..great gloss and covers minor imperfections....

AL

Al is that the same Blue Coral two step process from the fifties (50 yrs ago). If it is that was an expensive process.

Al-53
06-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Al is that the same Blue Coral two step process from the fifties (50 yrs ago). If it is that was an expensive process.

you mean the 2 blue jars of stuff...lol....a cleaner and a paste...I watched my dad use it on his Mercury comet...it took him and my uncle a day to get it off the paint..that was the day I learned a lot of swear words...they may have used turpentine to remove it...lol...that was one of the first polymer sealants along with polygly coat..

Al

Larry A
06-13-2007, 07:54 PM
The Blue Coral of 50 years ago was a 2 step process, that included a cleaner and sealer(wax).The cleaner was applied to 2 ft sq and rubbed until it disappeared. What you did was burnish the paint to a high gloss.Then you would apply the sealer, and that was a lot like Simonize, apply to a small area and wipe off before it dried. If it dried you would need kerosene to take it off , and then reapply the sealer. You could use a buffer for the cleaner, but at that time , no PC and No foam pads. All they had was wool pads. To remove the swirls you could reapply the cleaner by hand. It was a lot of work but the results were outstanding.

FMINUS
06-13-2007, 08:11 PM
So where can we get this?

killrflake
06-13-2007, 10:09 PM
you mean the 2 blue jars of stuff...lol....a cleaner and a paste...I watched my dad use it on his Mercury comet...it took him and my uncle a day to get it off the paint..that was the day I learned a lot of swear words...they may have used turpentine to remove it...lol...that was one of the first polymer sealants along with polygly coat..

Al

I remember trying to do my Dads car when I was a kid with the Blue
Coral 2 step cleaner and wax. The wax came in a small blue jar and it went on and came off like it was candle wax. It almost made me swear off ever
working on cars again. Thankfully I got over it,:( no thanks to blue coral.

Al-53
06-13-2007, 10:24 PM
yup thats the stuff....back in those days the thought was thick was better...so it was piled on..then when hardened you needed a belt sander to remove it....

FMINUS..
last year I looked for the product X....was hard to find....from what I understand it is from a distributor or car wash supply ....I never found it....even the body shop supply shops did not have it....its been reviewed a few times on different sites and all claim it is a superb product..and lasts....call eco labs and ask where it can be had...I gave up looking after many dead ends....its like finding a needle in a hay stack.....some found it...and thats a good sign it is out there...

AL