PDA

View Full Version : Can you use XMT Glaze w/ Klasse Sealant?

onelovelyzee
09-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

I recently picked up a 7424XP, XMT Finishing Glaze, and Klasse Sealant.

Would you be able to use the Klasse sealant over the XMT Finishing Glaze? I know the XMT glaze has Carnuba in it.

jamesboyy
09-04-2013, 06:29 PM
yes you would be able to use klasse sealant over xmt glaze but if you have AIO klasse sealant and not the other one then you'll be kind of removing the glaze

onelovelyzee
09-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the reply. I don't have the All in One by Klasse. I just have the Klasse sealant.

jamesboyy
09-04-2013, 08:28 PM
thank you for clearing that up and yes you can put klasse sealant on top of xmt glaze with no problems

onelovelyzee
09-04-2013, 09:14 PM
thank you for clearing that up and yes you can put klasse sealant on top of xmt glaze with no problems

Thanks for your help!

lonye
09-04-2013, 09:55 PM
What about other glazes like black hole? Would it affect klasse bonding?

jamesboyy
09-04-2013, 10:09 PM
What about other glazes like black hole? Would it affect klasse bonding?

begin that poorboy's black hole glaze have abrasives in it to take minor swirls out it mostly like will weaken klasse sealant bond because you are applying the sealant on top of undissolved abrasives you cannot see and those abrasives will weakling the bond,life span and durability of the klasse sealant on your car

custmsprty
09-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Why don't you just use the Klasse system, then nothing else matters. Use the AIO first, follow with the sealant.

ClayR
09-04-2013, 10:21 PM
The small bottle of AIO is all you need. Great stuff, nothing sets a better base layer for KSG. What type of pad are you going to use on the porter cable? I recommend hand applying the sealant with a micro fiber covered sponge.

I've been playing around with the "refresher/cleaner/Klasse residue remover" mix; 4 ounces of Meguairs 34, 3 ounces of Klass Sealant mixed with 8 ounces of distilled water, I have found it great for spraying into rubber/plastic wheel wells to help keep them clean. Just wait for the wheel well to fully dry after washing and then liberally spray until dripping wet and then let dry (no buffing involved).

custmsprty
09-04-2013, 10:24 PM
The small bottle of AIO is all you need. Great stuff, nothing sets a better base layer for KSG. What type of pad are you going to use on the porter cable?

:iagree:This stuff goes a lonnnnnnggggggggggggg.............wayyyyyyy.

Desertnate
09-05-2013, 08:22 AM
:iagree:This stuff goes a lonnnnnnggggggggggggg.............wayyyyyyy.

:iagree:

I've had my 16.9oz bottles of both the AIO and SG for almost nine years. The AIO is only 2/3 used up and the SG about 3/4. I'm wondering if I'll EVER run out.