PDA

View Full Version : Working in Sun

slimnib
09-04-2013, 10:49 AM
I need a recommendation for both a wax/sealant and glaze that can be use in direct sunlight.

Thanks is advance

Dogfather
09-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Poorboys

Desertnate
09-04-2013, 11:25 AM
The XMT line boasts of that capability too. I've not tried either, but less sensitivity to the environment is tempting me to try both XMT and PB products.

razvanbosman
09-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

slimnib
09-05-2013, 12:02 PM
What about a recommendation from some one at Auto Greek?

thanks guys

Hoytman
09-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Don't get it on any trim pieces.

Matter of fact, if you go with any Meguiars Ultimate wax be sure and read the box, or label. Both say they're sun friendly, but only one is trim friendly (liquid) according to the labels. Take a look at each box next time you look at them in Wal-Mart. I thought I was seeing things, but I've looked so many times now that it's something I keep in mind should I decide to use either of these products. I'm just telling you what I've noticed on the boxes. Having never used either product I can't really say for sure if one, or both are trim friendly. I've heard lots of good comments on how sun friendly they are though.

Pats300zx
09-05-2013, 01:09 PM
My vote would be for the Poorboys line. Definitely the most "sun friendly" line of detailing products out there.

You should have no issues with the EX and EX-P sealants and Black Hole or White Diamond glazes in the sun.

Beavis
09-05-2013, 02:59 PM
My vote would be for the Poorboys line. Definitely the most "sun friendly" line of detailing products out there.

Yes I have used the Poorboys line right out in the sun and it works great. I used it on a Black BMW right in the sun and had no problem. So far I have liked everything I have tried from Poorboys.