PDA

View Full Version : Carpet cleaner question

aaa247
06-13-2007, 11:27 AM
I just bought the Bissell little green machine and it works great (for me). I would prefer not to use the cleaning solution made by Bissell, but rather the DP Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner as it sounds like a great product. My question is; can the DP be mixed with h2o and if so what solution do you think would work best?

www.BISSELL.com - PRODUCTS - LITTLE green(R) Compact, Multi-Purpose Cleaner (http://www.bissell.com/Products/product.asp?product_id=LITTLE+green+COMPACT+MULTIP URPOSE+CLEANER)

Jimmie
06-13-2007, 11:58 AM
This isn't going to be the answer that your expecting. I wouldn't mix the DP Carpet but rather spritz it on the carpet, agitate, and then use the LGM to rinse and lift. If I don't care to get the carpet too wet I'll sometimes Spritz on H2O rinse and just use the LGM to lift. Just one guys technique.

aaa247
06-13-2007, 12:32 PM
That makes sense using the LGM as a rinse. My goal is to let the LGM do all the work as it has the little motorized brush. Do use the attached brush or do it all by hand and then rinse and do you use a scotch guard?

Jimmie
06-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Mine's old. Uummm, no, I don't have a motorized brush. Yeah, I'll do almost everything by hand. Example, if I have to really scrub and pressure wash matts I'll use the LGM to lift most of the water. This saves the filter on the wet/dry vac.

D
06-13-2007, 12:56 PM
The filter shouldnt be in when sucking up water with the wet/ dry vac.

Jimmie
06-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Whoooooops. Never knew that. Thanks Dan.