PDA

View Full Version : Need help picking new van .

jgibson2980
09-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Hey everyone im in the market of picking a newer van for mobile detailing its time to upgrade. I currently drive a 94 e250 it have 380 thousand miles on the body. The motor is not the actual miles so I have no clue how many are on it. It is also a rust bucket, why I bought it (long story). But its not in good shape and not worth putting logos on . A customer of mine has a 2000 dodge sprinter It has 380 thousand miles also, but is and has been owned by the company new . They have all the service records on the van. It is a 2.7 turbo diseal the price I believe is fair for the sprinter . I test drove it for about an hour or longer today and loved it . The roof height and the size is great its a 2500 by the way. I also drove a 2000 3500 dodge extended van . This van has 86 thousand mile on it . It drove and preformed will also. But it lacked head room and was not as smooth as a ride as the sprinter. It is also marked at the same price . They both had a/c my current van does not . I was just wondering what you guys think is the best van for the setup. Also the sprinters gpm is alot higher than any competors.

rmagnus
09-03-2013, 06:32 PM
I don't know anything about these vans but they can be gynormous. I found 30 within 300 miles of you on Autotrader, $8K-$20K

I guess they are pretty solid because several have what I consider high milage. How much life can be left in a motor with 380K miles on it? IMO you be better served with something in the <150K miles range.

Trend lately has been to go with smaller vans vs larger ones. I would rather have a gas engines as well. Just my preference.

Logan Powers
09-03-2013, 06:57 PM
I have really been looking at the Ford Transit Connects. 25hyw 22City

Its small enough to hold all my stuff and i wont be wasting space and wasting gas

WAXOFF
09-03-2013, 08:05 PM
I would try to find a used Ford van with a straight 6. You can't kill them. Just keep the oil changed. I you want something new look at the Nissan CV I think it's called. You can get a high roof model. My son in law has one and likes it.

WAXOFF
09-03-2013, 08:09 PM
I also forgot. I have a friend in TX that works at a Doge dealer that has a brand new Dodge cargo van that can be fitted with racks etc. He is anxiuos to get it off the lot. PM me if yoy want to call him. He will ship it to you I think.

NewNickel
09-04-2013, 09:08 AM
I looked into Sprinters when I was looking and there was plenty to say about them on forums, but I paid attention to what fleet managers said. It was basically that they had a hard time keeping a full fleet on the road and that they can be a hot potato with the dealerships. A local guy I know used one for a pool maint. company and couldn't keep his on the road. I'm currently running an '05 Chev 155" and love the thing. Much better ride quality than my 01 E250.