PDA

View Full Version : How Much to Upcharge for DP Paint Coating?

Eric@CherryOnTop
09-03-2013, 08:26 AM
What do you all think is a fair price to upcharge a client for DP Paint Coating application. I would only agree to a coating application after a one step or 2 step polish detail. Considering the car has to be polished again with the DP Prep Polish, and the cost of both products, is a 150-200 upcharge out of line? I'm getting a car in next week that I think will benefit from a coating over a one step with D151 (black car with soft paint, he is having trouble with wash induced swirls). He is also driving about an hour for me to work on his car so regular maintenance by me is most likely not going to happen. Thanks in advance for the input!

~ Eric

zmcgovern45
09-03-2013, 08:37 AM
I charge hourly for all of my work ($40/hr), except coatings. I have a flat rate for an upgrade to a long-lasting coating. This flat rate helps to cover the cost of the products (ie coating, Eraser, new MF towels, applicators, etc) and also the time required to prep the paint and install the coating.

I charge the following for coatings on cars (price increases slightly for SUV's & Trucks):

$200 for Opti-Coat 2.0
$250 for 22ple VX1 Pro
$300 for CQuartz Finest

...and of course, I require a minimum of a one-step paint correction prior to installing any of these coatings.

After browsing some other people's sites, it seems that my pricing is about average and maybe slightly on the low side in terms of coating pricing.

Hope that helps,

-Zach

Eric@CherryOnTop
09-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Certainly does help, thanks. I think I'm going to charge 200 for the paint coating upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

zmcgovern45
09-04-2013, 10:02 AM
I take it back... I did some more looking around... seems my coating prices can be quite a bit lower than others.

Many other places that I am looking at are in larger cities though, which may allow them to charge more due to the larger number of clients...

Either way, my pricing is based on my own value and not what other people charge, so I still think it is a fair price. If other people can get 50%-100% more than what I charge then that is awesome!

You'll just have to feel it out and see how your customer base reacts. I have some people that can't imagine spending $200 on their vehicle for a basic light polish w/ an AIO product, but others that don't bat an eye when I give them a quote for $1000+ worth of intense correction work.

Corey@OptimalDetailing
09-04-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm still doing research on coatings, but how do you all upsell these to your customers over a standard sealant/wax combo? Or is it something your customers to you and request? I'm trying to figure out the best business plan for upgrading customers to coatings versus sealant/wax.

VP Mark
09-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Selling customers on upgraded sealants and wax is hard but describe a coating right and it basically sells itself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online