PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite chain store Car Wash/Shampoo?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MrOneEyedBoh
09-03-2013, 04:39 AM
From searching it seems most use a wash that's only available thru AG. What do you guys recommend that can be bought at Advance, WalMart:surrender: or other major chain store? For me to buy just a wash shampoo, the shipping kills it. And I have enough stuff that I dont need to supplement the order to help ease the extra shipping.

Im using DG car wash ( can't remember the number ) and its not bad. Just looking to try something else for weekly maintence washes.

VISITOR
09-03-2013, 04:44 AM
megs gold class. it can be bought at walmart, target, k-mart, and just about everywhere else. you might want to swing by costco and see if they still have the megs gold class gallon jug...

silverfox
09-03-2013, 04:48 AM
Duragloss 901. At all carquest stores. Nuff said. Save your experimental money on something else. You've nailed it.

sharpreflection
09-03-2013, 06:26 AM
Turtle wax ice soap I think is very nice. I'm not a fan of wash and wax soaps which seem to be all over the place. The only one of those I use is meguiars ultimate wash and wax. But TW ice soap suds like crazy has a really nice smell and rinses clean. There are plenty others out there too but since they stopped selling Meg's nxt soap here it's become my new favorite

BillE
09-03-2013, 06:32 AM
megs gold class. it can be bought at walmart, target, k-mart, and just about everywhere else. you might want to swing by costco and see if they still have the megs gold class gallon jug...

:iagree:

Bill

MrOneEyedBoh
09-03-2013, 06:35 AM
Duragloss 901. At all carquest stores. Nuff said. Save your experimental money on something else. You've nailed it.

I like it but I feel as If it doesn't sud enough. Am I not mixing it right? What's the recommended oz to gallon?

parttimer
09-03-2013, 06:55 AM
I'm using the Megs gold class as well. Will need to search for the big jugs!!

Setec Astronomy
09-03-2013, 07:00 AM
I like it but I feel as If it doesn't sud enough. Am I not mixing it right? What's the recommended oz to gallon?

I believe the bottle says 1 oz/gallon, but many of us find that 1/2 oz/gallon is fine. If you are not getting enough suds you may have very hard water.

Chris's FX4
09-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Meguiar's Gold Class

MrOneEyedBoh
09-03-2013, 07:45 AM
I believe the bottle says 1 oz/gallon, but many of us find that 1/2 oz/gallon is fine. If you are not getting enough suds you may have very hard water.

How can I test my water.

Desertnate
09-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Meguiar's Gold Class

:iagree:

Another vote here.

fry
09-03-2013, 07:56 AM
I live in Orlando fl, and the water was not really that bad, but I put in an in line water filter and softener just to wash with. It made all the difference in the world!! I use meg soap and it works great, lots of suds with little soap. I was amazed at the junk that the filter catches. I got it from AG.

jfelbab
09-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Gold Class, or if you have hard water, NXT Car Wash. Nice OTC products, IMO.

You can usually have your water tested for free from any water softener seller.

Logan Powers
09-03-2013, 09:34 AM
I used gold class before I started foaming and using ONR

To test the hardness of water, just spray down your car on a hot day and let it dry. The more spots the harder it is! Lol Jk please don't do that.

They should sell kits at Home Depot, lowes, or amazon for less than 15$

MrOneEyedBoh
09-03-2013, 09:36 AM
What can be done on the cheap to soften it up