PDA

View Full Version : BF Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Problems

Pages : 1 [2]

wdmaccord
09-03-2013, 12:34 PM
I had the older version. My thoughts at the time were that BFWD was just too slick for the wax to bond, so it just smeared around.

I traded it for some DP Max Wax, and while I lost out on the deal $$ wise, Max Wax applied and removed like a dream, even over BFWD. So I dont know what was up.

I've actually applied over BFCS which was over BFWDAFPP. I've never used MS in the same weekend. I put it on a week after the detail and a good 2BM wash. Never had any problems using the WOWO method.

Another question for those of you having removal issues, have you kept it in a climate controlled location? I keep mine inside at all times.

KneeDragr
09-03-2013, 12:55 PM
I've actually applied over BFCS which was over BFWDAFPP. I've never used MS in the same weekend. I put it on a week after the detail and a good 2BM wash. Never had any problems using the WOWO method.

Another question for those of you having removal issues, have you kept it in a climate controlled location? I keep mine inside at all times.

At the time I owned BFMS I used to keep all my waxes in my portable basement in the fridge. However, I needed that power outlet for my battery backup sump I had installed. They are still in the fridge, just at room temp now.

cleanmycorolla
09-03-2013, 12:58 PM
I still think the removal issues are from heavy handed use. Not being insulting, we all have different levels of a "lite" coat is so that is where I think the problem is.

When I apply I swipe the pot, do the panel and wipe away. Barely 1 min on a panel. Maybe keep it quick?

KneeDragr
09-03-2013, 01:02 PM
I still think the removal issues are from heavy handed use. Not being insulting, we all have different levels of a "lite" coat is so that is where I think the problem is.

When I apply I swipe the pot, do the panel and wipe away. Barely 1 min on a panel. Maybe keep it quick?

Thats fine, I probably used too much. But how does that explain how the other waxes I have used I have no issues with?

For instance, just used Fuzion on my Vette a few weeks ago. Wiped on and off like a dream. Same with P21s, Max Wax, Griots Paste, never had an issue.

If what you are suggesting is correct, and Im not saying it isnt, I would respond that in my experience, BFMS is more sensitive to over applying than the other waxes Ive used.

cleanmycorolla
09-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Thats fine, I probably used too much. But how does that explain how the other waxes I have used I have no issues with?

For instance, just used Fuzion on my Vette a few weeks ago. Wiped on and off like a dream. Same with P21s, Max Wax, Griots Paste, never had an issue.

If what you are suggesting is correct, and Im not saying it isnt, I would respond that in my experience, BFMS is more sensitive to over applying than the other waxes Ive used.

Perhaps it is more sensitive to over application, however I wouldn't know as I've never had this issue.

Hmmm,, are you using fresh applicators? Hopefully we can nail down some issue!:xyxthumbs:

01GreyStangGT
09-03-2013, 02:47 PM
It's always been very easy to us for me. It almost disappears into the paint before I wipe it off.