PDA

View Full Version : Iron-X/Tarminator with no access to a hose?

tnecniv
09-02-2013, 06:38 PM
I live in an apartment and actually had some access to water and power to use my pressure washer but got a complaint after my second wash.

I'm able to do rinseless washes and I have ONR and UWW+. I want to decontaminate my car (never been done), but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to use Iron-X without being able to spray my car down afterwards. I feel like it would be a bad idea to rinseless wash off the Iron-X as it would probably ruin my towels.

Any ideas?

Audios S6
09-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Do you have a DIY wash near you? Iron-x is commonly agitated with a grout sponge then rinsed. I tend to spray tarminator, then agitate with a shop towel, then rinse. You could do all the decon outside at the DIY wash, then just roll in there to spray it off.

It won't be the most convenient method, it should work.

ijm5012
09-02-2013, 07:05 PM
You could also purchase a 3 gallon garden sprayer for $30 from Amazon, and use it. Three gallons would be more than enough to wash off the IX/TX before proceeding with your standard wash.

tnecniv
09-02-2013, 07:12 PM
You could also purchase a 3 gallon garden sprayer for $30 from Amazon, and use it. Three gallons would be more than enough to wash off the IX/TX before proceeding with your standard wash.

Hmm.. That's a pretty good idea. Would IX/TX work as well prior to washing if the car is dirty? I don't want to have to do a rinseless then work in the IX/TX, then do another rinseless. But then again I guess I would only really have to do the IX once every few months to my car.

ijm5012
09-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Hmm.. That's a pretty good idea. Would IX/TX work as well prior to washing if the car is dirty? I don't want to have to do a rinseless then work in the IX/TX, then do another rinseless. But then again I guess I would only really have to do the IX once every few months to my car.

CarPro states that IX/TX should be applied to a dry vehicle. If the car is REALLY dirty (I mean like, muddy) then I would take the car to a coin-op car wash and wash the vehicle first that way. But if it is only dirty from daily driving, then no need to pre-wash. Simply spray the products on the car, let sit for 5 minutes, then rinse off using the 3 gallon sprayer.

If you have some really stubborn spots after the first rinse, I would get some Iron X paste and apply to stubborn iron spots, and re-apply Tar X to the stubborn tar/rubber/sap spots. Aggitate, then rinse again.

You don't even need to get all of the product off during rinsing if you plan to do a rinseless wash right after application.

Wheelzntoys
09-03-2013, 08:39 AM
I would the coin-op route. This way you can make sure IronX is removed from behind the door handles, emblems and wheels.

zmcgovern45
09-03-2013, 08:48 AM
I would the coin-op route. This way you can make sure IronX is removed from behind the door handles, emblems and wheels.

Agreed... I would venture to the nearest coin-op place. You don't want to let either of those products dwell for too long without rinsing with a very solid stream of water.