PDA

View Full Version : First time all out for me

parttimer
09-02-2013, 10:01 AM
I wanted to get back into the swing of things as it has been years since I did any work on the side. I figured I should try out a few products and see what is what! Went looking for the worst car I could find. I got my hands on my brothers 2011 Impala, black and probably has only ever seen a mechanical car wash since it rolled off the lot. I took some before pictures, washed it up using Uber wheel cleaner and my new Daytona brushes. Not sure how I lived without those things. I pulled into the garage to start. I started with the least cutting compound I had on a pink pad.

I don't think I ever really got the best results possible. I think there are better compounds and pads out there that would have given me better results. Products in order with pad I tested: (on Griotts DA)
Ultimate compound on pink, then orange
Sonax 4/6 on pink then orange
Meg 105 on orange is what I ended up going with with.
I am sure there are quicker ways to get better results so I am open to critique. I have MF cutting and polishing pads on order.

I used 105 and worked small sections, boy does this stuff dust up. That is my major complaint. After the 105 I used Ultimate compound on a pink pad and finished with Ultimate Polish on a white pad. I was really hoping the Sonax would have done it for me. I was looking to try and get one step correction. Would I have been able to do this with a MF cutting pad?

Here are the pictures!

hernandez.art13
09-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Looks Great. Great Job!

Hopefully he maintains it from now on.

Corey@OptimalDetailing
09-02-2013, 11:37 AM
MF pads finish well, better than most foam pads with the same compound. Looks great!

Bunky
09-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Looks very nice!

parttimer
09-03-2013, 07:08 AM
Thanks everyone!