PDA

View Full Version : anyone using just meguiars products?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Denali2011
09-01-2013, 07:43 PM
I was just wondering how many of you use just meguiars products only ?

af90
09-01-2013, 07:48 PM
You probably won't find many. While using one product line does simplify things quite a bit, in my opinion you're selling yourself short in finding better products that work for specific applications. I don't think there is one company that makes the best product for everything.

Jet Black
09-01-2013, 07:52 PM
I agree Meguairs has some good products I really like getting their stuff in bulk it's cheaper and works just as good as more expensive brands. I also like Menzerna and Blackfire and etc........

af90
09-01-2013, 07:58 PM
I agree Meguairs has some good products I really like getting their stuff in bulk it's cheaper and works just as good as more expensive brands. I also like Menzerna and Blackfire and etc........

I agree for simple items like APC I like theirs, as well as if you're a fan of their compounds and polished. I also like their vinyl cleaner combo M39/M40. You just have to know how to separate their basic items i.e. most that are found at Autozone, and their professional or detailer's line which are legitimate products.

Pureshine
09-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Limiting your self too one product IMO is not a good thing really since there are some many kinds of paints and interiors. I have not found one companies products to be the be all product line. I use about 10 different brands of product for exterior and interior.

BradsDetailing
09-01-2013, 08:15 PM
I use 105, 205, vinyl and rubber cleaner conditioner, glass cleaner and apc. Looking to get a good aio as well.

I like their products, almost all are good or great and some are almst a must have or top of the category. Not really any bad products I can think of right now that they offer.

The reason I like their products over other's is what you get for what you spend. They offer a lot of products in gallon sizes for not a lot of money.

I have yet to find a real quality exterior trim sealant. I use their all season dressing which is good for about a month before I need to put it back on again and for the money I would rather get opti-bond.

The only things I don't use Meguiars for is waxing, sealing and upholstery cleaning.

But overall they offer the best most vast selection out of any company I can think of.

Corey@OptimalDetailing
09-01-2013, 08:23 PM
M105/M205 has proven to be a great starter combo, along with their MF kit. Currently, this is my setup. Although my cart is quite full with other items now. IE: Menzerna, Wolfgang, still looking at Blackfire, etc.

Meguiar's makes quality products, although there are many other companies that make comparable, or better, products for your money.

Meticulous-Detail
09-01-2013, 08:37 PM
I would say I mostly use Meguiars products. I have almost all of their Detailers line products. I certainly have several other brands that I use but Meg's makes up the majority of my collection.

01GreyStangGT
09-01-2013, 08:38 PM
I used to be all Meguiars until I found a place called "Autogeek".

Meticulous-Detail
09-01-2013, 08:42 PM
I use 105, 205, vinyl and rubber cleaner conditioner, glass cleaner and apc. Looking to get a good aio as well.

I like their products, almost all are good or great and some are almst a must have or top of the category. Not really any bad products I can think of right now that they offer.

The reason I like their products over other's is what you get for what you spend. They offer a lot of products in gallon sizes for not a lot of money.

I have yet to find a real quality exterior trim sealant. I use their all season dressing which is good for about a month before I need to put it back on again and for the money I would rather get opti-bond.

The only things I don't use Meguiars for is waxing, sealing and upholstery cleaning.

But overall they offer the best most vast selection out of any company I can think of.

Have you tried Ultima Tire and Trim Guard yet?

BradsDetailing
09-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Yes I have. Currently my favorite but the cost gets in the way.

I use it for high end detailing and my own car, but not for the quick details.

nabisco shine
09-01-2013, 10:17 PM
i use 105 205 mess 151 and there rubber vynal cleaner its amazing

Radarryan
09-02-2013, 12:08 AM
I don't think that by limiting yourself to just Meguiar's products you would be doing yourself any disservice to the end result. They make fine products and Mike Phillips used them exclusively when he was employed by Barry, and we all know how he can turn coal into diamonds (yes, lots of heat and pressure - Shhhh, it's Mike's secret).

In my opinion, trying new brands and products is half the fun, and there are some great, specialized companies out there. Think Menzerna for polishes, Chemical Guys for soaps (they really are not bad), Tuff Shine for tire cleaner, Lake Country for pads, etc. Do a little (or a lot) of research for every product you want to use and go from there.

silverfox
09-02-2013, 04:14 AM
Most would agree that if you could only use one car care company, Megs would easily fit the bill.

Having said that, I think variety is good...to a point... at which time you can easily find yourself left with 57 varieties of every type of product which means you never will hone in on a perfecting a "system", and you'll just be floundering in a sea of debt with boxes of unused products.

vdevan
09-02-2013, 04:24 AM
Was also a die-hard meguiars fan, but have been experimenting with a few other brands lately like chemical guys, auto finesse, menzerna-something i should have done a long time ago!