PDA

View Full Version : Question about Nanoskin Autoscrub products

Pages : [1] 2

dlgwarner
09-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Everything I've read has me convinced to make the switch from clay to Nanoskin, but I have a few questions.
1) What's the difference in use between the sponge, mitt and towel? They seem to all have the same coating. So which do I need as a clay replacement and when/why would I use the others?
2.) It says that if you drop it, just rinse it. Does that go for any cleaning? With clay, I fold it over on itself to expose a fresh area. What do you do with the Nanoskin as it collects junk off the paint?

3.) How does the Nanoskin compare with the Speedy Prep?

Thanks for the suggestions.

af90
09-01-2013, 07:45 PM
They're all made the same it's just preference in what someone wants to use, I prefer the towel because I can fold it into a 1/4 easily to make it smaller. But spread it out for larger flat panels.

To clean it just rinse it off, I usually just let it soak for a few minutes in leftover ONR solution then rinse it off once I'm done.

And nanoskin and speedy prep are made by the same manufacturer.

Pureshine
09-01-2013, 08:08 PM
I like the mitt I use right after the wash takes me about 10-15 min to the car then I dry off done and ready for polishing or sealant. I still use clay sometimes just cause I like to go old school. If does really save time on larger cars and time is money :).

If you drop it just hose it off and then back to work.

The Guz
09-02-2013, 02:55 AM
I just used the sponge today. They saved a lot of time and worked great.

ClayR
09-02-2013, 03:39 AM
1) Personal preference, they are pretty much the same. I'm one of the few that likes to use the DA pads but with out a doubt a mitt (or similar) is nice to get into nooks that a DA pad can not.

2) There are two things that are going on when cleaning. The soft rubber actually allows hard particles to embed into it and at the same time the glide lubricant allows smaller particles to delaminate from the paint surface and stay suspended in the glide solution. I like having a bucket of water with me to rinse the nanoskin out every panel. You have to check the nanoskin surface often for hard particles (like rail dust) as they might scratch (I've never had it happen but could imagine it happening).

3) Not sure, I've not used speedy prep.

Nanoskin will not completely eliminate needing to clay but it will take care of most light to medium claying needs (around 95%). I personally like using the Glide lubricant that it is designed to be used with. A little goes a long way as the dilution ratios are pretty high (around 7:1) and it creates a very slick surface to help prevent marring and scratching.

MPBGT
09-02-2013, 07:43 AM
I just got the wash mitt in fine and its great. I have not used the other ones, but the microfiber back on the mitt is nice for keeping the surface wet.

ski2
09-02-2013, 12:41 PM
How does ONR work as a lubricant with the Nanoskin products??

af90
09-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Works great I either use ONR or UWW+

dlgwarner
09-02-2013, 05:14 PM
I just boughtt some of the newly formulated DP Rinseless and I also have Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Lube. Is it safe to assume these would do just aas welll as a lube?

evo77
09-02-2013, 09:54 PM
So is the consensus that this does not completely replace clay?

Doesn't make sense to do both to achieve a contaminant free finish.

A2 Auto Spa
09-02-2013, 09:59 PM
I was sketched out when I bought the towel but boy was I wrong. Nano Skin rocks! It really works and it saves you a bunch of time.

psnt1ol
09-02-2013, 10:07 PM
So is the consensus that this does not completely replace clay?

Doesn't make sense to do both to achieve a contaminant free finish.

Replace clay completely....probably not. How often you would use clay after owning NanoSkin....very seldom. As a time saver....a big yes.

Heisenberg
09-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Works great I either use ONR or UWW+

What dilution do you use for ONR when using it with nanoskin? I've read that the claybar dilution ratio ONR recommends isn't quite enough. I am planning on using the nanoskin sponge later this week.

Weaselboy
09-03-2013, 12:10 PM
What dilution do you use for ONR when using it with nanoskin? I've read that the claybar dilution ratio ONR recommends isn't quite enough. I am planning on using the nanoskin sponge later this week.

I have been using ONR with the sponge version and four capfuls ONR in a 32oz. sprayer seemed a little "grabby" to me. I bumped it up to six capfuls (3oz.) in the 32oz. spray bottle and it was much more smooth moving the sponge around the surface.

Heisenberg
09-03-2013, 11:06 PM
I have been using ONR with the sponge version and four capfuls ONR in a 32oz. sprayer seemed a little "grabby" to me. I bumped it up to six capfuls (3oz.) in the 32oz. spray bottle and it was much more smooth moving the sponge around the surface.

Good to know. I was seeing between four and six, but now I'll go with the higher amount. Thanks!