PDA

View Full Version : What's the latest bonehead thing you've done while working on a car?

dlgwarner
09-01-2013, 07:01 PM
I'll go first. I was repairing a deep scratch today with touchup paint from automotivetouchup.com. I was doing the clear coat, using a separate ultra fine brush. I set thee bottle of CC on the floor and went to get something. When I came back, I was carrying a brand new Heavyweight Buff & Polish towel. I kicked over the bottle of CC which I hadn't recapped. When I bent over to pick it up, I dropped the MF towel into the puddle of CC. :doh::doh::doh:

hoyt66
09-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Leaned the wheel to my challenger behind my wife's car. She backed up and wedged it under her rear wheel!

WAXOFF
09-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Fell off a folding chair yesterday while buffing a roof on a Camry. Today I ordered a Gorilla Platform. Keep in mind I'm almost 60. I don't fall as well as I used to. That Senior Member means more than a certain number of posts to me.

BlackHawk
09-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Finished washing my car recently and I was taking off the hose attachment. Forgot the water was still on and sprayed the whole left side. Luckily I cleaned it up in time. Water is pretty hard here unfortunetaly.

ArrestMeRed
09-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Went and washed/waxed my car as well as vacuumed and detailed the interior. It had rained an hour earlier. Stepped in mud getting into the car and drove through a dirty puddle on my way to the car meet.

lunchboxmunchy
09-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Finished washing my car recently and I was taking off the hose attachment. Forgot the water was still on and sprayed the whole left side. Luckily I cleaned it up in time. Water is pretty hard here unfortunetaly.

You're not alone. I just finished a client's Flex and i was reeling in the hose. I thought I closed the valve. Nope! Trigger caught the ground and sprayed the vehicle. I was too lucky to have cleaned it up in time.

Keep Calm & Chive On