PDA

View Full Version : overkill

Kool
09-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Hi, I am a new menber to autogeek and would like t know If I did an overkill on a detail job I did on my 06 Tundra. I washed, clay and did a swirl remove job with wolfgang and Porter cable 7424 using a orangs pad,nexy I applied wolfgang finishing glaze with a white pad. I then applied Klasse all in one followed with klasse deep gloss sealant let that dry for 12 hrs . Next I applied Pinnacle liquid wax followed with Pinniclw sovering paste wax 2 coats. Finally I finished off with Pinnacle Crystal Mist. The vehicle looks great. I got a lot of compliments on the job. Just would like to know if I defeated the purpose when I applied the All In One over the Finishing Glaze.

jamesboyy
09-01-2013, 08:00 PM
I personally dont think you over did it because Klasse all in one is a polish and sealant

af90
09-01-2013, 08:03 PM
I personally dont think you over did it because Klasse all in one is a polish and sealant

I would have skipped the AIO, after the final polish OP still applied 3 LSP's. I would have also skipped the Crystal Mist and use that in between washes or after the next wash. You're welcome to work on your car how you see fit but if you were on a time crunch that's what I would've done.

chris.ganucheau
09-01-2013, 08:10 PM
yes you did sorta over do it. the all in one removed the glaze

Pureshine
09-01-2013, 10:29 PM
I don't know why you used a glaze after polishing IMO glazes are for production shops or show cars trying to hide swirls and scratches. I never use glazes buts thats just me.

custmsprty
09-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Hi, I am a new menber to autogeek and would like t know If I did an overkill on a detail job I did on my 06 Tundra. I washed, clay and did a swirl remove job with wolfgang and Porter cable 7424 using a orangs pad,nexy I applied wolfgang finishing glaze with a white pad. I then applied Klasse all in one followed with klasse deep gloss sealant let that dry for 12 hrs . Next I applied Pinnacle liquid wax followed with Pinniclw sovering paste wax 2 coats. Finally I finished off with Pinnacle Crystal Mist. The vehicle looks great. I got a lot of compliments on the job. Just would like to know if I defeated the purpose when I applied the All In One over the Finishing Glaze.

IMHO that would definitely qualify as over kill. But as long as you enjoyed doing it, what the heck, go for it.

Kool
09-02-2013, 01:04 PM
yes you did sorta over do it. the all in one removed the glaze
That's what I thought.

Thanks.

Kool
09-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the advice and inputs

Kool
09-02-2013, 01:07 PM
IMHO that would definitely qualify as over kill. But as long as you enjoyed doing it, what the heck, go for it.

I don't know why you used a glaze after polishing IMO glazes are for production shops or show cars trying to hide swirls and scratches. I never use glazes buts thats just me.

Thanks for the reply and input.

TroyScherer
09-02-2013, 01:19 PM

WG Finishing Glaze is not a "glaze" in the sense you are thinking. It is really a finishing polish. So for that it is not overkill IMO

Now the 4 layers of LSP might be overkill. Personally I would use the 4 layers but do 2x Klasse SG then 1-2 of the wax of your choice.

swanicyouth
09-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Generally you would use one sealant and one wax. The Klasse AIO wasn't needed, neither was the Pinnacle liquid wax.

However, the only real detriment is the extra time it took you to do it. The more I learn, the more I learn simple is better. WG TSR 3.0 -> WG FG -> Klasse Sealant -> Pinnacle Souverän would have been my steps.

MarkD51
09-02-2013, 02:40 PM
I bet it does look great. And there's most likely no harm, no foul. Your vehicle probably needed some good loving, it is going on 8 years old.

The AIO might've lifted a bit more dirt out of the paint is all, but that should've been adequately done with the wash-clay-polish finish glaze steps.

Perhaps as one wise poster once said here some time back, sometimes it is good to let one product "live a little" before going onto another that quickly.

Would've been nice to see a pic or two.
Mark