PDA

View Full Version : remove backing plate pc

nabisco shine
09-01-2013, 02:55 AM
help i lost my wrench looking tool to remove my backing plate, is there any way i can take it out using another piece of tool or do i have to order another tool?

BillE
09-01-2013, 06:51 AM
You can take a piece of metal (you may have laying around) and just 'hack-saw' to fit.

Bill

swanicyouth
09-01-2013, 07:16 AM
If your slick you can jamb a thin screwdriver in there just the right way between the area where the wrench grabs and the counterweight. That will hold it while you unscrew the BP. That's what I did when I lost mine.

Hazcat
09-01-2013, 07:23 AM
AGO sells replacement wrenches for $3.99...... they're $4.99 on Amazon. I rarely use the PC anymore but I've always kept the wrench in the red bag that came with the PC....it's still there. Now if I could just keep track of everything else...ugh!

lyodbraun
09-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Go to harbor freight I'm sure they will have one...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

VP Mark
09-01-2013, 09:34 AM
If your slick you can jamb a thin screwdriver in there just the right way between the area where the wrench grabs and the counterweight. That will hold it while you unscrew the BP. That's what I did when I lost mine.

Ding. This will work great. Order an extra one for like $4 next time you order something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

swanicyouth
09-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Ding. This will work great. Order an extra one for like $4 next time you order something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Its a temporary thing. Obviously you want to order one to have. Actually, I ordered 3 so I wouldn't have to worry about loosing it again. Still never found the one I lost.

MarkD51
09-01-2013, 11:44 AM
You might be able to carefully squeeze a standard type wrench in there.
Notice how I say "might", as there's very little space to place with.

You might be able to find a suitable thin profile wrench at a Bike Shop.
Often thin wrenches are needed to adjust lash on Bicycle Wheel Axles-Hubs.

Anyone offhand know what size the required wrench is?
This might help.