PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Leather Help Please

DogRescuer
08-31-2013, 06:18 PM
I cleaned a customers leather seats and got well 80% better, he was pleased.

I used Pinnacle and a light brush. My ? is how would I get some of those craccks and crevices in the leather 100% for my own OCD benefit, you know dirt only "we" can see.

Maybe steam?
Iron, not sure how.

Pureshine
08-31-2013, 06:29 PM
For treated leather I use 1z deep plastic cleaner my go to stuff and for none treated leather I use leather masters another great product. After using 1z I use Sonax leather foam.

DogRescuer
08-31-2013, 06:37 PM
For treated leather I use 1z deep plastic cleaner my go to stuff and for none treated leather I use leather masters another great product. After using 1z I use Sonax leather foam.
Thanks, but plastic cleaner for leather?

DogRescuer
09-01-2013, 05:27 AM
No other tips on cleaning leathher?

sproketser
09-01-2013, 06:42 AM
Steam s real good . I m a fan of Leatherique , use the combo in my car , my mother s & leather seats in house .

You can start cleaning the leather with warm damped mf sponge at first then the product that you re using , it helps allot on my end .

Old Tiger
09-01-2013, 08:50 AM
No other tips on cleaning leathher?
The leather is coated with a vinyl/plastic coating. Be careful not to use the 1Z where the coating is worn off. It will screw up the dye.

Kevin Cullen
09-01-2013, 09:42 AM
I use steam quite successfully but on real old stains I have had to resort to diluted APC and a soft bristle brush, with repeated applications. Followed up with a rinse wipe and the steam to remove the APC. A good conditioning to put needed moisture back into the leather as well.

Pureshine
09-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks, but plastic cleaner for leather?

Its made to clean coated leather and is very safe for this use I've been using for over to years and never a problem. Here is a picture of a leather seat I did.

1z deep plastic cleaner

A concentrated deep cleaning detergent that removes stubborn grime, grease, scuff marks, stains, soot and polish residue without harsh or abrasive cleaners.

Use on the dashboard, steering wheel, shift knob, arm rests, finished leather and pedals. Leaves a clean, no-shine finish.

Removes stubborn grime from all interior trim
Removes scuff marks
Non-caustic formula won't harm surface
Leaves an anti-static finish
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o580/kicku9/Jeep%20Cherokee/DSC_0265_zps874492aa.jpg (http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/kicku9/media/Jeep%20Cherokee/DSC_0265_zps874492aa.jpg.html)

Pureshine
09-01-2013, 10:51 AM
The leather is coated with a vinyl/plastic coating. Be careful not to use the 1Z where the coating is worn off. It will screw up the dye.

This is why with any product always do a test spot and I have never had a problem with this product.