PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys 50/50 Wax ... Questions

Tim_in_NC
08-31-2013, 12:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

Starting using Chemical Guys products and have really been enjoying them. I recently used their 50/50 Wax and had one heck of a time removing it. Everything that I've read mentioned how easy it was to remove.

I'm thinking that I used too much wax thus the more difficult time removing ...

I have a porter cable buffer ... any recommendations of pad to remove wax, or application/removals methods ...

Thanks,
Tim

Eric@CherryOnTop
08-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Sounds like you used too much. 50/50 also requires a 20 minute dry time before removal, this could change depending on temperature and / or humidity.

If you want to remove the wax with a machine then a microfiber bonnet over a wool pad is a good choice. You can use the tips of your fingers to clean the bonnet with the machine spinning if it gets gunked up with wax or switch to a new bonnet.

Tim_in_NC
08-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Yea ... think just inexperience and used too much ...

Question about applicator pads ... I used 3 separate pads, one for wet mirror finish, one for jet seal and one for 50/50 ... Do you guys clean these after each use or keep them primed with product so as not to soak in as much the next time?

cleanmycorolla
08-31-2013, 12:33 PM
You're supposed to clean pads after you use them if you leave product in them for your next detail session, well I wouldn't use that.

And yeah apply the wax thin, think like 10 swiped for the car and go from there. 50/50 is the bomb, just apply thin, wait 20 min to remove should be easy peasy

Tim_in_NC
08-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Ok ... thanks for the info ... I've got to drill in my head that "less is more" ...