PDA

View Full Version : General cleaning of floor mats?

eyost
08-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Hi all,

What do you like to use for lightweight general cleaning of floor mats? There I'm pretty good shape as the car is only two years old and I try to vacuum as often as possible, but I am seeing some dirt areas that the vacuum doesn't seem to get up.

I don't have an extractor as I am a weekend warrior, buy am looking for suggestions

Thanks,

Ed

Pureshine
08-29-2013, 10:06 PM
Use Folex,brush and a microfiber towel wipe after.

Chimpboy
08-29-2013, 10:08 PM
I like to take the mats out, spray down with a hose and scrub with OPC 5:1 and a medium brush. Rinse with the hose and let them dry while I finish the rest of the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

eyost
08-30-2013, 07:41 AM
Use Folex,brush and a microfiber towel wipe after.

I have read good things about folex so I may need to check that out.

Thanks,

Ed

eyost
08-30-2013, 07:42 AM
I like to take the mats out, spray down with a hose and scrub with OPC 5:1 and a medium brush. Rinse with the hose and let them dry while I finish the rest of the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hmm - my only concern on that is the backing on my floor mats is not plastic so I am not sure how long it would take to dry or if it would shrink at all.

wdmaccord
08-30-2013, 09:14 AM
They dry pretty quick no matter what the back is made of. Especially if you sit them out in the sun. Not likely they will shrink if you have good sturdy stitching around the edge. For a small investment, I would recommend the Bissell Spot Clean (formerly Little Green Machine). I have had good results with this and CG Fabric Clean. Dilute some FC in a sprayer at 1:10, spray the area you want to clean, agitate with either the head on the Bissell or a carpet brush. Extract the area with just hot water in the Bissell.

Pureshine
08-30-2013, 12:04 PM
I have read good things about folex so I may need to check that out.

Thanks,

Ed

Home Depot $15 a gallon great price.