PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Opti-Seal

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

dengood1
06-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Well folks, I bought this product the first day it was available and don't believe I gave it a fair chance upon my first review. There were some people, including myself that used it and had light streaking that could be easily wiped away and was thought due to applying over a carnauba. I don't know if that was the issue or not, but I decided to break it out again and use it on my car today and I have to say I got absolutely NO streaking at all and was incredibly easy to apply. If I don't think a product is worthy I don't discuss it, but if I do think it's worth mentioning I like to let you all know. If you haven't tried this out yet, I suggest doing so as it provides a nice wet look with great protection and is super easy to use. I've found that I really like this product and found it deserved a second chance and I'm glad I did!

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1952_66674167

Optimum Opti-Seal with Free Bonus (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-seal.html)

Old Pirate
06-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Glad you like it. So far i have 7 coats on my car (almost 10 weeks) and it still looks wet.

Gary Sword
06-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Where are the pictures Dennis?

ehuth1
06-12-2007, 07:23 PM
^^^ Awesome stuff !!

Gnarboots11
06-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Glad you like it. So far i have 7 coats on my car (almost 10 weeks) and it still looks wet.

How does this stuff work? You can just keep doing layer after layer after each wash or what?

HighEndDetail
06-12-2007, 07:41 PM
I have used it a few times, and it does make a big differences in the shine.

dengood1
06-12-2007, 08:06 PM
How does this stuff work? You can just keep doing layer after layer after each wash or what?

I don't think you need to IMO.....law of diminishing returns. How many coats of wax would you put on your kitchen floor? Honestly, I don't know if you can keep putting it on, but it looks great with just one!

Where are the pictures Dennis?
Gary----it's a baby poop green Taurus! Who wants to see a pic of THAT!! lol.....Actually, it got too dark. I'll take a couple tomorrow if possible. I've gotta tell you, I think Opti-seal would look fantastic on the Viper and Lambo.....especially the Lambo. It really glosses up and kind of darkens the paint a little when it cures, which is almost instantly and I think the yellow would look great with it. Use the gray/black side of the euro foam applicator to apply with ease. Mist the pad a couple of times first, then each panel once or twice(twice for hood and larger panels). When the pad is primes, you won't need as much. You can tell when you need to re-spritz when the foam pad stops sliding----kind of feels like claying when you know you need more clay lube.

devst8
06-12-2007, 08:22 PM
I definitly need to try this. After good results with OC, OP, OPS, ONR and OPP, optimum is one of my fav line now!

thanks for the review

Gary Sword
06-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Gary----it's a baby poop green Taurus! Who wants to see a pic of THAT!! lol.....Actually, it got too dark. I'll take a couple tomorrow if possible. I've gotta tell you, I think Opti-seal would look fantastic on the Viper and Lambo.....especially the Lambo. It really glosses up and kind of darkens the paint a little when it cures, which is almost instantly and I think the yellow would look great with it. Use the gray/black side of the euro foam applicator to apply with ease. Mist the pad a couple of times first, then each panel once or twice(twice for hood and larger panels). When the pad is primes, you won't need as much. You can tell when you need to re-spritz when the foam pad stops sliding----kind of feels like claying when you know you need more clay lube.

Without pictures I don't believe it. Who cares what type of car it is. Besides you made that boop green look excellant with some Souveran before. I don't recall seeing any great details with Opti-Seal before. I could have missed them but I really don't remember seeing one. I always love to see the pics.

dengood1
06-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Without pictures I don't believe it. Who cares what type of car it is. Besides you made that boop green look excellant with some Souveran before. I don't recall seeing any great details with Opti-Seal before. I could have missed them but I really don't remember seeing one. I always love to see the pics.

Haha......peer pressure doesn't work on me anymore:p Like I said, I'll try to post some tomorrow, when I get time to take some and it isn't dark;) I try to never do a review without pics, but I was excited that it didn't streak and really liked the look. Gary, I would never lie to you and tell you to put something on your $200,000 vehicle if I thought it would not look great!;)

Rsurfer
06-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Haha......peer pressure doesn't work on me anymore:p Like I said, I'll try to post some tomorrow, when I get time to take some and it isn't dark;) I try to never do a review without pics, but I was excited that it didn't streak and really liked the look. Gary, I would never lie to you and tell you to put something on your $200,000 vehicle if I thought it would not look great!;)

Dengood, I just put some ss11, will it be ok to use os over it?Feed back please

Gary Sword
06-12-2007, 09:52 PM

Dennis, I don't think you would tell me something you didn't believe to be true. I just like to hear what people have to say about products, look at their pictures and decide if it's something I would like to try out. It's all good! :)

dengood1
06-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Dengood, I just put some ss11, will it be ok to use os over it?Feed back please

Yes, it's fine. You may get some very minor "streaking", where it looks like the OS is still wet where you start/stop with the applicator but it easily wipes away. I think OS is safe to use over pretty much anything;)

dengood1
06-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Dennis, I don't think you would tell me something you didn't believe to be true. I just like to hear what people have to say about products, look at their pictures and decide if it's something I would like to try out. It's all good! :)

Trust me "G"......I believe it's something you will like. I'll post a pic or two tomorrow, no problem.

Rsurfer
06-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Yes, it's fine. You may get some very minor "streaking", where it looks like the OS is still wet where you start/stop with the applicator but it easily wipes away. I think OS is safe to use over pretty much anything;)

Thanks for the reply. I tried it on one side panel about a month ago and didn't see any difference so I just put it on the shelf. I'll give it another try on half of the hood. If I do get streaking should I wipe right away or wait, if so, how long.