PDA

View Full Version : Critical Details: Mercedes-Benz SLK 350 - Major Paint Correction + Opti-Coat

Pages : [1] 2

CriticalDetails
08-29-2013, 06:33 PM
I recently had the pleasure of working on a beautiful 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK 350 with Orion Blue Metallic paint. The vehicle owner wanted to restore the SLK to showroom condition and chose to have a Major Paint Correction performed. After compounding and polishing the paint for eight hours it was time to apply all three Optimum Coatings to the exterior of the SLK. In all I spent approximately 18 hours detailing this vehicle.

Compounding - Menzerna Intensive Polish on a orange Lake Country pad.

Polishing - Menzerna Final Final Finish on a white Lake country pad.

Major Paint Correction

Our most thorough exterior detail treatment is designed for enthusiasts looking to take their vehicles appearance to the pinnacle of what premium car care can provide. Multiple (2-4) stage machine polish removes heavier defects from the paint work. Machine polishing is performed in addition to a decontamination detail and removes 80% - 100% of paint defects.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3RZKZxb4Yo]Auto Detailing: Mercedes-Benz SLK 350 - Major Paint Correction + Opti-Coat - YouTube[/video]

zmcgovern45
08-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Good work... video was nicely made too!

Chris@AutoCleanse
08-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Beautiful work as usual with excellent video taking skills and music to go along. Your videos always have my attention all the way to the end. And oh yea the car looks brand new. Thanks for sharing and posting. Great work.

CriticalDetails
08-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Good work... video was nicely made too!

Thank you for watching. There was still a few RIDS in the paint but overall I was able to achieve around a 90% correction.

Beautiful work as usual with excellent video taking skills and music to go along. Your videos always have my attention all the way to the end. And oh yea the car looks brand new. Thanks for sharing and posting. Great work.

Thank you. I try really hard to keep the viewer engaged throughout the video. If you aren't familiar with the Mercedes-Benz line up you could definitely mistake this SLK for a new vehicle.

I have a black STI hatchback Major Paint Correction video that I will be uploading sometime next week. The 50/50 polishing shots are some of the most dramatic that I have ever seen.

MawiPR
08-30-2013, 11:03 AM
I recently had the pleasure of working on a beautiful 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK 350 with Orion Blue Metallic paint. The vehicle owner wanted to restore the SLK to showroom condition and chose to have a Major Paint Correction performed. After compounding and polishing the paint for eight hours it was time to apply all three Optimum Coatings to the exterior of the SLK. In all I spent approximately 18 hours detailing this vehicle.

Compounding - Menzerna Intensive Polish on a orange Lake Country pad.

Polishing - Menzerna Final Final Finish on a white Lake country pad.

Major Paint Correction

Our most thorough exterior detail treatment is designed for enthusiasts looking to take their vehicles appearance to the pinnacle of what premium car care can provide. Multiple (2-4) stage machine polish removes heavier defects from the paint work. Machine polishing is performed in addition to a decontamination detail and removes 80% - 100% of paint defects.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3RZKZxb4Yo]Auto Detailing: Mercedes-Benz SLK 350 - Major Paint Correction + Opti-Coat - YouTube[/video]

Preety amazing detailed and awesome video for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AG Online

statusdetailing
08-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Sweet! You're making me jealous with that Rupes!

LatinFG2
08-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Looks awesome. I always enjoy watching your YouTube videos.

CriticalDetails
08-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Pretty amazing detailed and awesome video for sure

Thank you for the compliment.

Sweet! You're making me jealous with that Rupes!

The Rupes is a must have for any extended polishing session. My fingers would still be numb if I polished 8 hours straight with the Porter Cable.

Looks awesome. I always enjoy watching your YouTube videos.

Thanks for watching. Keep an eye out for the BMW X5 Road Tar Removal and the Subaru STI Major Paint Correction video in the near future.

hernandez.art13
08-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Not only are doing great Details, your videos are great also.

(Again Great Job!)

CriticalDetails
08-31-2013, 10:36 AM
Not only are doing great Details, your videos are great also.

(Again Great Job!)

Thank you. It is always nice when a client can leave their vehicle with you for two or three days. Having the vehicle for multiple days gives me the extra that is necessary to film a video. Some details I only have enough time to snap a few Instagram pictures.

MawiPR
08-31-2013, 04:21 PM
Thank you for the compliment.

The Rupes is a must have for any extended polishing session. My fingers would still be numb if I polished 8 hours straight with the Porter Cable.

Thanks for watching. Keep an eye out for the BMW X5 Road Tar Removal and the Subaru STI Major Paint Correction video in the near future.

Im a novice to detailing jist ordered my firsy polisher the PC 7424XP xD lets see how I do :) hope to be a great experience

CriticalDetails
08-31-2013, 06:56 PM
Im a novice to detailing jist ordered my firsy polisher the PC 7424XP xD lets see how I do :) hope to be a great experience

The PCXP is a great machine and I used one exclusively for my first three years of detailing. Make sure that you use 5.5 inch buffing pads and you will be in good shape. Did you order a 4 inch backing plate and 4 inch buffing pads as well?

MawiPR
09-01-2013, 08:19 AM
The PCXP is a great machine and I used one exclusively for my first three years of detailing. Make sure that you use 5.5 inch buffing pads and you will be in good shape. Did you order a 4 inch backing plate and 4 inch buffing pads as well?

No I ordered the meguiars microfiber kit 5 inch and the Lake country 5 " pads 3 orange 2 black and 1 blue

DeviousDetail
09-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Amazing job and great video. I can't wait to finally have my garage setup done so I can begin to really show the quality work that I do. Not quite to your level yet but will soon be there I'm sure.

runrun411
09-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Fantastic work. sweet video.