PDA

View Full Version : Smart cars....

Finemess
08-29-2013, 08:04 AM
What do you think about all the new radar braking and moving headlights and the other new systems on cars? They are to add to safety. I wonder what happens when these systems go awry?

Desertnate
08-29-2013, 09:33 AM
I'm split depending on the technology.

I like the idea of things like headlights that aim where you're going and heads-up displays as they make you a safer and more aware driver.

On the flip-side, I think things like radar breaking and "smart" cruise control make drivers more dependant on the technology and less attentive on what is going on around them, which to me makes them more dangerous on the roads. The technology will only go so far in saving them when they are lazy and inattentive.

I'm a little old-school and fanatic about driving, so my opinions are probably a little off from most.

TH3M B0N3Z
08-29-2013, 07:07 PM
It's another Big Brother spying tactic.

rmagnus
08-29-2013, 09:38 PM
I wish the lady driving behind me last Saturday had the technology. My wifes freshly detailed SUV goes into the body shop next week for surgery and with my back and neck sore I feel like doing the same.

Some people were not meant to drive! I still prefer the classic cars but the new technology is pretty awesome.