PDA

View Full Version : Need advice shopping for new products

know_fun
08-29-2013, 05:35 AM
Ok I've been out of the game for a couple years now and recently tried to fix some swirls and scratches on my cars and put some protection. Sadly, all of the current cars have not seen any real good exterior detailing, and I am not satisfied with the work I just did. I am in definite need of more aggressive stuff. I had lost a few things during moving and what not.
I'm not looking for 100% correction since I'm just a hobbyist but enjoy giving people a run for their money.

Cars:
03 Discovery - Bonatti Grey - sits in the port
08 997.1 - Guard Red - daily
12 STI - Satin White Pearl - daily
I do some side work if I'm feeling bored/paid or out of practice

Here is what I've got:
Flex 3401 which I Absolutely love :D
2White and 1Gray LC CCS pads (I think I have a Blue not sure and can't find my yellow or orange)
1 W8006 and 2 W9006 Megs pads
Megs M80, 21, 7, 6 (I had #26 and loved it but seemed to have lost it somewhere)
Duragloss 501 (idk where 601/105 went)
I've got some misc stuff goldclass and nxt soaps and wax.

1st- I've got some pads in the cart right now LC flat 5.5" 2yellows 2oranges 1white and 1blue. I hear good things about 5.5" pads and the flex so thinking of giving them a try. I'm still on the fence about HT and hybrid pads unless someone can convince me otherwise

2nd- The most abrasive product I have is M80 lol which has done me pretty good. I was thinking of picking up some FG400 or the M105/205 combo but scared of the working time/learning curve of 105. I don't know if I need something as aggressive as FG400 or M105 but everybody needs something this aggressive on the shelf right? :D
So I'm deciding between
WG or Pinnacle Twins probably WG
PB SSR 2.5 maybe 3
M105 or maybe Megs UC
FG400

And finally- I've got 601/105 in the cart and since I've lost my gallon of M26, I'm in need of some wax. I just can't justify Souveran paste price right now. Subjective topic I know but just trying to keep options open.
I'm thinking about trying
Collinite 845 or 915
PB Natty blue, red, or regular
P21s (idk why i threw this in the list but a bunch of the porsche ppl like this)
just going back to M26
or bite the bullet an pick up Souveran - which will probably delay my pressure washer/foam gun idea :( and any other purchase for a minute lol

Thanks for you time :D

I added crappy phone pics of the Guard Red. Can't see in the pic very well but there are still a good handful of scratches if you inspected but at a glance or from a few feet away looks pretty good for one pass of M80 and nothing else

know_fun
09-11-2013, 01:32 AM
Mailman came and dropped some stuff off
:awesome:
https://sphotos-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1234922_730822130266613_1498975650_n.jpg