PDA

View Full Version : Will my Mytee HP60 blow fuses?

KS_Detailing
08-28-2013, 07:49 PM
I bought a Mytee hp 60 for mobile work. I haven't used it yet but from what I'm reading this thing draws some power! I have 12 gauge extension cords at all different lengths. Am I going to have problems using this machine?

thebamboo23
08-28-2013, 09:38 PM
plug it in and find out :D

Chris@AutoCleanse
08-28-2013, 09:55 PM
It depends on what form of electricity you have, you will need a 20 amp none GFI outlet.

sweatthedetails
08-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Used to blow my 15 amp all the time, switched to a 20 with no problems. Just dont flip all 3 switches at the same time and be aware of other equipment you have on the same circuit. I do blow customer fuses all the time when mobile.

KS_Detailing
08-29-2013, 05:31 AM
Tripping a customers breaker is what I'm worried about. It can be an embarrassing situation. Will upgrading to 10 gauge cords make any difference?

KS_Detailing
08-29-2013, 05:32 AM
Used to blow my 15 amp all the time, switched to a 20 with no problems. Just dont flip all 3 switches at the same time and be aware of other equipment you have on the same circuit. I do blow customer fuses all the time when mobile.

Run pump & heat to start off? Then turn heat off and run pump & vac when extracting? I only plan to use the HP60 by itself and nothing else at the same time.

scrubs147
08-29-2013, 06:22 AM
I have noticed that most outside receptacles on houses are 15 amp.

FUNX650
08-29-2013, 08:30 AM
I bought a Mytee hp 60 for mobile work.
I haven't used it yet but from what I'm reading this thing draws some power!
I have 12 gauge extension cords at all different lengths.
Am I going to have problems using this machine?

Will upgrading to 10 gauge cords make any difference?
Doesn't this unit have a 12/3 appliance cord?
(12 ga. rated for 15 amps; 10 ga to 20amps.)

Yet Mytee insists on plugging this unit into a 20 amp grounded circuit for safe usage.
Except for the start-up amperage...Seems to be a little conflicting.

Depending on the length...
A 10 ga extension cord may address a potential voltage drop issue that could possibly befall a 12 ga. extension cord.

However...
Mytee states DO NOT use extension cords with this unit!!!

This may just be the manufacture's way of saying it wants to protect (as in warranty) the motor
from an "over current condition" due to a lower voltage at the the unit.

Most of this information should be in the owner's manual.

Tripping a customers breaker is what I'm worried about. It can be an embarrassing situation
^^^:iagree:^^^

That's why it's best to have your own self-contained power supply.

:)

Bob

KS_Detailing
08-29-2013, 09:14 AM
It has a 12/3 power cord

KS_Detailing
08-29-2013, 02:11 PM
I talked to Mytee on the phone today. They said if the breaker is not a 20A it will trip a breaker. They also said the Mytee lite also draws around 18-19A so that would be the same as the HP60. The solution is a generator to run the HP60. They said multiply the voltage X the Amp. So 115v x 20 A = 2300 watts needed. Can someone confirm?

FUNX650
08-29-2013, 02:55 PM
I talked to Mytee on the phone today. They said if the breaker is not a 20A it will trip a breaker.
They also said the Mytee lite also draws around 18-19A so that would be the same as the HP60.
The solution is a generator to run the HP60.
They said multiply the voltage X the Amp. So 115v x 20 A = 2300 watts needed. Can someone confirm?
Yes...Amps X Volts = Watts

-You don't want to "undersize" a generator.
It's best to select a generator that's large enough to handle your present requirements (~2300 watts)
and any anticipated needs. (I'd go, at the least: with another 1500 watts)

-Consider all of the equipments' loads that may/will be connected to the generator.
Having lights, polishers, heaters, fans, compressor...and the sort, would be quite handy.

-That total load can be determined by adding up the total watts of all lights, appliances, tools,
or other equipment to be connected to the generator.

-One other point is:
You won't have to be concerned about the following issues with the correct generator set-up! :xyxthumbs:

1.) Tripping a customers breaker is what I'm worried about.
2.) It can be an embarrassing situation.

So...in this case...It's best to: Go Big or Stay Home...:D

Bob

KS_Detailing
08-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks, thinking about a 3000 watt Honda generator. One of the quiet ones