PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Suede Microfiber

MattyL
08-28-2013, 10:46 AM
I've been searching but there doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion out there about these towels: CarPro Suede Microfiber Cloths, suede microfibre cloths, microfiber towels, cquartz microfiber (http://www.autogeek.net/suede-microfiber-cloths-40.html)

They seem to be a shorter nap suede-type towel often used in the application of CQuartz. Does anyone out there have experience using these towels, specifically in the ways a regular microfiber would be used (removing traditional waxes & sealants, cleaning interior surfaces, etc.)

I have been thoroughly impressed with all the CarPro products I have purchased thus far, and at $2 per 16 x 16 towel, I will definitely pick up these towels if they are as versatile as traditional microfibers.

cleanmycorolla
08-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Yeah those towels, good for apply coatings, but anything else I wouldn't use them. Just my opinion. But yeah, good for applying CQ and coating, prob not so hot at everything else.

They make great iphone and ipad screen wipes as well. If its the price attracting you there's plenty if websites with phenomenal towels in bulk pricing.

zmcgovern45
08-28-2013, 11:31 AM
The product you linked to are designed to be wrapped around the CarPro foam applicator block for applying coatings such as CQuartz and CQuartz Finest. I have also used said suede mf cloths and applicator block for applying other coatings like 22ple and OC2.0. It is the best applicator system for coatings that I have used. WAY better than a traditional foam applicator.

CQF kits come with a larger 16"x16" suede mf cloth from removing excess coating from the surface, and it worked well for that purpose. I have not tried the suede cloths for anything other than applying and removing the coatings though.

Lowejackson
08-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I really like this CarPro cloths, utterly perfect for sealants and trim products. I have wondered but never tried to see how they would perfect as a final wipe product on a wax or sealant

bmwgeek
05-22-2015, 01:53 PM
how many is required to coat an entire car?

cardaddy
05-22-2015, 09:14 PM
how many is required to coat an entire car?

That'd be only two of the 4" cloths. It can be done with one, but if you've corrected the paint, and you want to be COMPLETELY SURE that you don't end up picking up a small piece of something that may end up causing RIDS elsewhere it's just safe practice to use two of the cloths.

You'll see the price for 10 of the 4" cloths, then 8" cloths (20 pack), then 16" cloths (10 pack).

Personally... I can't see why you'd waste your money buying the 4" units. I've always bought the 16" ones and taken a pair of pinking shears (used in sewing, they have a zig-zag pattern) and cut the 16" cloths into SIXTEEN 4" cloths PER EACH SINGLE SHEET. That'll make a total of 160 4" cloths for a FRACTION of the cost of the pre-cut 4" cloths. I've yet to have any cut cloth 'shed' or 'thread' when doing a coating.

BTW, they're not bad for spreading out WOWA sealants either. ;)

10cm/4" cloths = $1.29 each :eek:
20cm/8" cloths cut into 4" (4 per cloth/80 per package) = 37.48¢ each
40cm/16" cloths cut into 4" (16 per cloth/160 per package) = 12.49¢ each!!!!!:dblthumb2:

Not to mention when buying the larger cloths you can cut 8" if you like for other areas. They make great glass cloths, and of course small ones are good for your eyeglasses. :)