PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used...

Pages : 1 [2]

Daven75
08-28-2013, 10:47 AM
This is what I was thinking possibly for the wax coat-
Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid Car Wax - Walmart.com (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s-Gold-Class-Carnauba-Plus-Liquid-Car-Wax/870634)

Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Car Wax - Walmart.com (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s-Gold-Class-Carnauba-Plus-Paste-Car-Wax/16550250)

Now, I know theyre the same product but for hand application, what would you recommend?

I would also randomly instant detail with surf city garage's instant detailer.

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2013, 10:51 AM
CC= Clear coat correct? If so, yes. Its a 2000 jeep xj Black. My biggest problem is that I dont have any machine tools, its all done by hand so im afraid that polish will fight me.

Trust me, it will fight you less than #7.

yankees2452
08-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Show car glaze is a real pain to use, smears takes a long time to remove. Hides imperfections and darkens paint but the effects don't last very long, maybe up to a week. I have a bottle and I rarely use it because I feel it's not worth the time and effort.

Daven75
08-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Ok thats good to know guys, thanks.

So do you guys think I should be good with going with the ultimate polish and then the gold class wax? I'm gonna assume the paste wax will be easier to hand apply than the liquid?

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2013, 11:09 AM
The liquid wax will be easier to use. I haven't used those Ultimate waxes, but I doubt you will see much difference in longevity between the liquid and the paste, so I'd just use the liquid.

Daven75
08-28-2013, 11:10 AM
ok that works, thanks sooo much for all your help guys!

Setec, would it be possible for later questions if I PM you?

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2013, 11:13 AM
ok that works, thanks sooo much for all your help guys!

Setec, would it be possible for later questions if I PM you?

It's always better to ask questions in the open forum as it helps other people as well. You'll be fine with those products and the truck will look much better after...you may just have sore arms.

Daven75
08-28-2013, 01:49 PM
lol, true; cool, works for me, and I dont mind sore arms, I'll probably do the whole truck in either a two day ordeal or a one day kill it all kinda thing lol. For the polish, any tips? Like techniques?

Daven75
08-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Oh, and one last question. What kind of applicator would you recommend for applying the polish and wax?

yankees2452
08-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Foam applicator should be included with the wax

Daven75
08-28-2013, 05:56 PM
It was. For the polish just a simple applicator pad, nothing special?

forrest@mothers
08-28-2013, 06:15 PM
According to Mother's marketers: You’ll be glad you got into the "Gold-rush".

I don't recall that one....

08100 is our California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze. It's a glaze with a very fine polish to promote even application and adhesion. It is NOT a sealant. It's the second step of our 3 step Ultimate Wax System. Step 1 is Pure Polish and Step 3 is the California Gold Pure Carnauba Wax, either paste or liquid. Pure in this sense means it does not contain cleaners.

As for hand application of a product like this, I'd suggest a foam pad, and removing with quality microfibers. Keep in mind glazes like this don't provide protection, so you'll want to use a wax afterwards - a wax without any cleaners in it.

beamerstrumpet
01-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Ski, I'll have to look into duragloss.I have a napa right down the street from me.

Setec- Target has nothing by me and walmat has minimal stuff sadly.

I'm just looking for a decent sealer, something cheap, its just for my GF's car. I'm out of sealer so yea.

If you have wall mart look for surf city sealer and glaze, locally here in tx I found it on the close out shelf for 6bucks for each. tested it on my bike and its pretty nice

beamerstrumpet
01-02-2014, 11:30 PM
also for the sake of your arms you might want to look up the Harbor freight DA thread. If your just applying coatings and not trying to get rid of swirls, and do full corrections,, a cheap applicator that will save your arms is the turtle wax 5 inch da at wall mart. they have the foam and micro fiber bonnets for it. NOt really for corrections but it will save your arms. I had good results with it before I became obsessed and a geek. LOLOL