PDA

View Full Version : How long do ccs pads roughly last?

MJT
08-27-2013, 11:57 PM
Hi there. I came across a video by a detailer slating off 'cowboy detailers' who charge $45 for claybaring, polish and wax. His main point was they are obviously using the same pads for each car they have done in the past. Where as he will use a brand new pad for each car he works on and therefore puts that in his price. Is this true? I was under the impression once you've cleaned your pads they are fine to use again on a new job.

I have lake country ccs pads. Can I reuse these? How long would you say they last (or how many cars could you get them through on) before needing to buy new ones again?

Thanks!

erichaley
08-28-2013, 12:10 AM
Foam pads, no matter the manufacturer, will eventually wear down / wear out. That being said, pads that are well taken care of have a lifetime that spans multiple jobs.

Some may disagree with me, but Lake Country makes some of the best and most advanced pads you can buy. They are by no means intended to be disposable nor single-use pads.

Put it this way, tell him you'll take his once-used pads, and you'll never need to buy another pad the rest of your life.

MJT
08-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Thanks! How can you tell when a pad is worn out to much?

erichaley
08-28-2013, 12:29 AM
Thanks! How can you tell when a pad is worn out to much?

They will flatten out over time and turn from CCS pads into flat pads, but thAt doesn't necessarily mean they are no longer any good.

MJT
08-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Ok. Also I have two orange ccs pads for compounding. Is this ok as I know some people change pads every panel etc. I am trying to keep cost down at the moment as I only do this as a hobby.

cleanmycorolla
08-28-2013, 01:19 AM
Ok. Also I have two orange ccs pads for compounding. Is this ok as I know some people change pads every panel etc. I am trying to keep cost down at the moment as I only do this as a hobby.

IMO two won't cut it, you want a nice rotation of fresh pads. I use about 3-5 for an entire car per stage of compounding, polishing, etc...

Legumes
08-28-2013, 03:24 AM
I've done multiple cars with my lc ccs pads and they're still in good shape. On some of them there is a slight difference in the firmness of the pad after all I've put them through but they still cut fine.

VISITOR
08-28-2013, 03:30 AM
IMO two won't cut it, you want a nice rotation of fresh pads. I use about 3-5 for an entire car per stage of compounding, polishing, etc...

:iagree: a minimum of at least 3 pads...