PDA

View Full Version : HD Nitro Seal

Pages : [1] 2

tswitz
08-27-2013, 07:51 PM
Anyone have significant experience with this product or HD Car Care Products in general? I have seen some pictures on the internet of cars finished with this sealant and to me it is noticeably better than anything else I've seen. The paint truly looks dripping wet!

Thanks! Feed back please

Setec Astronomy
08-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Sheesh, can't you make NuFinish or Turtle Wax look dripping wet with a little Photoshop?

tswitz
08-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Sheesh, can't you make NuFinish or Turtle Wax look dripping wet with a little Photoshop?

I suppose you could. But heck I guess I could just spray water on the car as well and make the paint look wet, right? ;)

swanicyouth
08-27-2013, 08:03 PM
The Polish gets great reviews. NS expires in a period after you open it, so you have to use it or lose it.

I don't think you will have TOO HARD if a time finding reviews for HD Products.

af90
08-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Check over on autopiaforums.com or autopia.org

VP Mark
08-27-2013, 08:31 PM
HD Polish is an amazing product. Cut is a real good product. Speed is a good product. Never used nitro seal as it is too much hassle to apply for just 1 year of durability.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

SonOfOC
08-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Anyone have significant experience with this product or HD Car Care Products in general? I have seen some pictures on the internet of cars finished with this sealant and to me it is noticeably better than anything else I've seen. The paint truly looks dripping wet!

Can you post those pictures?

I've seen car pictures here on AG that were so wet I almost dived into my monitor.

Some of the cars had $15 waxes and some had $100 waxes. I would be curious to see the HD Nitro "picture" difference that you're talking about.

tswitz
08-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Can you post those pictures?

I've seen car pictures here on AG that were so wet I almost dived into my monitor.

Some of the cars had $15 waxes and some had $100 waxes. I would be curious to see the HD Nitro "picture" difference that you're talking about.

Sure!
First off - here's a AG member review on a deep metallic blue Acura - http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/68716-hd-nitro-seal-reviewed-compared-dp-paint-coating.html

Here are a few pictures I found on other internet sites that impressed me as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tdekany/2011%20details/IMG_7740.jpg

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=205261&dateline=1359573221

SonOfOC
08-28-2013, 12:06 AM
Please view this post from a forum member using Opticoat. I scroll a lot on my mouse, but the 4th picture of the blue Audi made me do a double and triple take.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/69115-opti-coat-details.html

There are hundreds pictures like this, my point is that pictures are good for giving you an idea of what is possible. Many variables as to Photoshop, lighting, camera, and camera features like HDR ect.

The devil is in the details; in the paint correction world the biggest detail is the prep work prior to LSP.

If the prep work is done correctly, any and all "quality waxes, sealants, and coatings" will give you jaw dropping gloss, shine, and clarity. No one will be able to distinguish brand "x" or brand "z" in a blind test.

VISITOR
08-28-2013, 01:35 AM
HD Polish is an amazing product.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

:dblthumb2:

tswitz
08-28-2013, 06:07 AM
There are hundreds pictures like this, my point is that pictures are good for giving you an idea of what is possible. Many variables as to Photoshop, lighting, camera, and camera features like HDR ect.

The devil is in the details; in the paint correction world the biggest detail is the prep work prior to LSP.

If the prep work is done correctly, any and all "quality waxes, sealants, and coatings" will give you jaw dropping gloss, shine, and clarity. No one will be able to distinguish brand "x" or brand "z" in a blind test.

I've seen pictures of that candy apple red Camaro elsewhere on this forum. It has stunning results as well!

I totally agree with your comments regarding the prep work. And I appreciate and concur as well with your comments regarding pictures as well. The real test is to see it with your own eyes.

But if all LSP's are equal, then Dad's can of Simoniz or Turtle Wax should be as good as HD's Poxy, right? ;) Point being, IMO there are differences - however subtle some may be - between products such as depth of gloss, etc. I also believe that some OEM paints are better than others and can be better for showing off stunning results. And not being a chemist and understanding why that is, the determinating factor for most of us is the eye test.

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out :)

tuscarora dave
08-28-2013, 07:18 AM
Please view this post from a forum member using Opticoat. I scroll a lot on my mouse, but the 4th picture of the blue Audi made me do a double and triple take.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/69115-opti-coat-details.html

:iagree: In this photo the car looks dripping wet (especially for a lighter color) and no coatings were used on it. Just a very thorough paint correction using all Poorboy's World products. This was actually done at Poorboy's World Detailing Weekend then driven back to PA where this photo was taken. It's all in the prep.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/tuscaroradave/027-3.jpg (http://s528.photobucket.com/user/tuscaroradave/media/027-3.jpg.html)

ScottB
08-28-2013, 08:04 PM

Thanks! Feed back please

Since its a product line Autogeek does not currently offer, you might not find the answers and pictures you desire. Many products like Opticoat, Carpro, Ultima, Blackfire, Wolfgang and Four Star (many others too) can really protect well prepped paint and appear wet and glossy.

beamerstrumpet
08-28-2013, 08:52 PM
If you go to Autotopia to the forums tab, 3D HD has a whole area. I am a Fan. I have UNO and Speed. If its hot where your at,, these are for you man! Long work times,, and btw DO NOT PRIME PAD. use aobut 8 pea sized drops and start. LESS IS MORE. Check your PM's ill drop you a note.

tswitz
09-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Since its a product line Autogeek does not currently offer, you might not find the answers and pictures you desire. Many products like Opticoat, Carpro, Ultima, Blackfire, Wolfgang and Four Star (many others too) can really protect well prepped paint and appear wet and glossy.

So am I to understand that this forum is only open to products offered by AG or is it an open forum?

Thanks,
Tom