PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Woobie MF Towels

smbstyle
08-27-2013, 03:16 PM
So I purchased a 6 pack of the Woobie MF towels for a final wipedown due to how soft they are, and have used them about 3-4 times now; after each use I was using a delicate detergent only on cold, followed by hang-dry and then fluff-no heat cycle in the dryer, with the rest of my MF products.

So after washing my new 2013 Subaru BRZ the other day, which has been clayed and waxed 3 months ago, and after the wash and air dry with the blower, I was spraying on the Turtle Wax spray wax, which I will typically do after each wash, and wiping down with the Woobie MF towel. Looking into the fluorescent lights I could see tiny hair like particles being left behind that appeared to be small little MF strands coming off the towel, so I would flip over to a dry side to wipe the panel down, and still had the little strands being left behind on the surface. I swapped over to the Gold Plush Jr. MF towel, to see if it was the surface at issue, or the MF I was using, and the Gold Plush Jr. wiped down the surface clean and removed the little strands.

Has anyone else had this issue with the Woobie or any other MF towel? Is it normal for these to only last 4 or 5 uses? My Gold Plush Jr. towels have the same number of uses/washes on them, so it is not like I switched to a brand new towel.

DogRescuer
08-27-2013, 03:20 PM
I only use cobras.

VISITOR
08-27-2013, 03:37 PM
So I purchased a 6 pack of the Woobie MF towels for a final wipedown due to how soft they are, and have used them about 3-4 times now; after each use I was using a delicate detergent only on cold, followed by hang-dry and then fluff-no heat cycle in the dryer, with the rest of my MF products.

So after washing my new 2013 Subaru BRZ the other day, which has been clayed and waxed 3 months ago, and after the wash and air dry with the blower, I was spraying on the Turtle Wax spray wax, which I will typically do after each wash, and wiping down with the Woobie MF towel. Looking into the fluorescent lights I could see tiny hair like particles being left behind that appeared to be small little MF strands coming off the towel, so I would flip over to a dry side to wipe the panel down, and still had the little strands being left behind on the surface. I swapped over to the Gold Plush Jr. MF towel, to see if it was the surface at issue, or the MF I was using, and the Gold Plush Jr. wiped down the surface clean and removed the little strands.

Has anyone else had this issue with the Woobie or any other MF towel? Is it normal for these to only last 4 or 5 uses? My Gold Plush Jr. towels have the same number of uses/washes on them, so it is not like I switched to a brand new towel.

yes, they lint IME as well. don't really care for them. as far as thick plush mf towels go, there is one company i've used that haven't linted and work very well for the tasks i need them for...

smbstyle
08-27-2013, 03:45 PM
yes, they lint IME as well. don't really care for them. as far as thick plush mf towels go, there is one company i've used that haven't linted and work very well for the tasks i need them for...

Care to share the company name? The Woobies were great on a black car that had horribly soft paint (and really didn't look for lint), but I can see the lint all over on my white BRZ. I'll stick with my Cobras from now on - these Woobies are useless to me now.

smbstyle
08-27-2013, 03:46 PM
I only use cobras.

Lesson learned - will be using those from now on. Thanks!

smbstyle
08-28-2013, 04:05 PM
I emailed the AutoGeek customer service dept about the issue yesterday, haven't heard back yet.

One thing that is kind of frustrating is they talk about how this towel doesn't lint on their website....

Quoted from the page for the Woobie MF towel:
Microfiber towel collectors will appreciate the Woobie Microfiber Towel because it does not lint!

VISITOR
08-28-2013, 04:07 PM
I emailed the AutoGeek customer service dept about the issue yesterday, haven't heard back yet.

One thing that is kind of frustrating is they talk about how this towel doesn't lint on their website....

Quoted from the page for the Woobie MF towel:
Microfiber towel collectors will appreciate the Woobie Microfiber Towel because it does not lint!

thicker towels are more prone to lint...

swanicyouth
08-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Oddy enough, I noticed some LSP can cause towels to lint more than others. "Waxy" LSPs tend to lint more for me, regardless of towel. I noticed this with Bouncer's CTR. Every towel lints with this LSP, because the LSP is "sticky".

custmsprty
08-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Oddy enough, I noticed some LSP can cause towels to lint more than others. "Waxy" LSPs tend to lint more for me, regardless of towel. I noticed this with Bouncer's CTR. Every towel lints with this LSP, because the LSP is "sticky".

Exactly :iagree:

Nick McKees37
08-28-2013, 06:30 PM
We've never had any complaints of the Woobie Towels linting.

My best guess would be, as others have said, your LSP or the spray wax that you mentioned; anything that's "grabby" in feel will cause fibers to pull out of the towel.

Try using a different LSP or spray wax/spray detailer and let us know what you find. If they're still linting after that, I'll replace them.

swanicyouth
08-28-2013, 06:45 PM

My best guess would be, as others have said, your LSP or the spray wax that you mentioned; anything that's "grabby" in feel will cause fibers to pull out of the towel.

Try using a different LSP or spray wax/spray detailer and let us know what you find. If they're still linting after that, I'll replace them.

I agree. Your towel shouldn't cost more than your spray wax.

BayAreaTech
08-29-2013, 01:53 AM
I love the Woobie towels, I only use them as my final wipe, and occasionally on soft paints for polish removal. I haven't noticed any linting.

smbstyle
09-01-2013, 08:14 PM

So I washed the Woobie towels again, and then tried several different products today; Megs 205 and PBW EX-P, and with both, it was linting very badly.

Got an email from Customer Service and it sounds like I may have received a defective batch, got some new ones on the way!

Nick, I'd be happy to send these back into you guys to check it out on why they started linting all of a sudden.

Andy B. Cool
09-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Stop using turtle wax! That's your first problem

smbstyle
09-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Stop using turtle wax! That's your first problem

What is the problem with their spray wax?