PDA

View Full Version : Klasse QD & LSP

muddy
06-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Since I am now hooked on Klasse I have 2 questions about it:

1. Can I use SG in a spray bottle as a LSP after a wash or between washes? Should it be diluted with water?

2. Can I use AIO in a spray bottle as a QD without worrying about removing any SG I have on my vehicle? If so, how diluted would it have to be?

On my vehicle right now I just have AIO topped with 3 coats of SG, nothing as a topper for me.

Thanks!

budman3
06-12-2007, 02:01 PM
I think you'd be better off finding a real QD to use. Save your Klasse for full jobs. Your 3 coats of SG should last atleast 5-6 months so you may not need the extra protection after washes. A good QD or spray wax (Duragloss Aquawax or Optimum Spray wax) would be your best bet, IMO.

ScottB
06-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Someone did some post a while back on using AIO as a wash. Did it several times. Sure water was lubricated but left a film on bucket I could not help would think transferred to car. As for qd'er -- for years while using the twins I used Sonus Acylic Spritz as the spray. Now I would likely use Quikshine, 425, or even Poorboys Spray/Gloss as needed. Even the new Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer will add lots of gloss.

muddy
06-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Someone did some post a while back on using AIO as a wash. Did it several times. Sure water was lubricated but left a film on bucket I could not help would think transferred to car. As for qd'er -- for years while using the twins I used Sonus Acylic Spritz as the spray. Now I would likely use Quikshine, 425, or even Poorboys Spray/Gloss as needed. Even the new Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer will add lots of gloss.

Killr, I had actually asked about the wash a while ago when I first got the twins. The papers that came with the bottles from AG mentioned that AIO could be used for washing amongst all the other things it can be used for, but I will be using Gold Class instead.

I was curious about Sonus after reading a few places online that some people had said it was pretty much made to work with Klasse in particular. I have the regular Meg's QD, but it seems that sometimes with bird crap that it takes a little finesse to remove it, which is why I thought about AIO diluted might work to remove it but still add acrylic protection at the same time (and hopefully NOT remove the SG if diluted enough).
I will look at some of the other QDs you mentioned. Thanks.

Excessive Detail
06-12-2007, 08:55 PM
I use SG as a spray as a booster and I also use it on my windows, it seems to work really well, and you don't need a lot of SG, I use about 1 oz per 32 oz bottle, I've been using the same mix for about three months now and it still works great. I would say that if you did put AIO in a spray bottle it would compromise the SG due to the chemical cleaners in it.