PDA

View Full Version : Matte finished wheels

Bigds2012TT
08-26-2013, 03:38 PM
I used Sonax on them, agitated, then rinsed and they are not clean.. I used APC 4:1 mixture on them and that helped a little more.. Once I get them clean enough can I use Eraser on them then coat with CQ? Not sure what else I can use on them too really get them clean without harming the matte look of them. I also used APC 4:1 in the wheel well and I used a brush to clean and some of the black coating came off of the metal pieces under the fender? What's up with that?
Pictures are just to show what they look like.

jamesboyy
08-26-2013, 04:55 PM
my next step i would go for CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash for Satin Finish & Matte Finish Paint, car soap,bdp wheel cleaner, Scholl Concepts Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner or if all fails then get some acid and if you are talking about mr eraser no t will scratch the surface and CQ sound good

Bigds2012TT
08-26-2013, 05:20 PM
No I meant carpro eraser..

mpkav
08-26-2013, 05:42 PM
I have tried everything on my XD Monsters and absolutely can not get them clean. I bought them at discount tire in January and went there today to show them how bad they are. They decided to replace them so I'm going to opti coat the new ones Thursday. I can't believe how bad these matte black wheels are to clean.

jamesboyy
08-26-2013, 06:03 PM
No I meant carpro eraser..

Ohh i see sorry for the misinterpretation yes you try carpro eraser it may work since it takes polish residue and stuff away

Bigds2012TT
08-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Ok, plus I can use that before the CQ. I will try that CG matte wash on them and see how that turns out. Can they be polished with any menz you think or will that change the appearance of them? I noticed a few fine scratches on them.

jamesboyy
08-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Ok, plus I can use that before the CQ. I will try that CG matte wash on them and see how that turns out. Can they be polished with any menz you think or will that change the appearance of them? I noticed a few fine scratches on them.

If you polish your matte wheels it will turn them shiny looking and not matte so you will have to accept those fine scratches unless CQ fill them in

Bigds2012TT
08-27-2013, 06:09 AM
Gotcha.. Thank you very much..

Bigds2012TT
08-27-2013, 07:11 AM
I totally agree with the matte finish being a pain to take care of. I totally regret not coating them the day I brought them home.. One thing I really don't like about wheels anymore are the plastic center piece.. Why not make them metal also? Had the tires rotated at the dealer and they scratched them up with the lug socket.. :(