PDA

View Full Version : Question about IronX

cehanis
08-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Ok so I picked up a bottle after all the great things I've read and heard. Prior to this had never used it before.

Tried it this weekend on both my car and the wife's (2004 and 2007 MB's both with ceramiclear).

I got no visible reaction at all, none, nada... I do have ceramic brake pads on both so I wouldn't expect a lot of ferrous brake dust. Given the age of the cars and having never used a product like this I expected something. I'm in Seattle and we have very soft water and minimal pollution in the air/rain. Is it possible there just wasn't a need for it? Or is it possible anything done previously to treat the car left it clean enough to not see any purple?

Just curious as having never been done to either vehicle before I would have expected a pretty noticeable reaction.

quantim0
08-26-2013, 08:29 PM
The darker the paint color the harder it is to see it working. On cars that aren't white you can see it make purple puddles on the ground where it drips off.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

2old2change
08-26-2013, 10:37 PM
The darker the paint color the harder it is to see it working. On cars that aren't white you can see it make purple puddles on the ground where it drips off.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

:iagree:You didn't mention the cars colors. With the description you gave of both cars it's very unlikely there was no contamination.

cehanis
08-26-2013, 10:41 PM
:iagree:You didn't mention the cars colors. With the description you gave of both cars it's very unlikely there was no contamination.

Both are silver metallic MB's, both are garage kept but daily drivers. The wife's has covered parking at work as well so not outside much.

That said I expected something.. Did I not let it soak long enough (I let it soak a good 5 minutes)....

I was surprised to say the least.

DaHen
08-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Nor did I get any reaction when I used Iron-X Soap Gel on my grey Altima. Let it dwell for awhile, but nothing.
Glad I'm not the only one.

PiPUK
08-27-2013, 03:18 PM
The only other possibility would be if there was something odd about the bottles you got. Does the product stink like you expect? If so, you can probably rule out that as a possibility.

DogRescuer
08-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Find a friend with dirty wheels and watch for the purple.

DaHen
08-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Yes, the wheels were a different story. Had purple popping up.