PDA

View Full Version : Liquid glass ? Urgent!

jgibson2980
08-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Het everyone a customer of mine have some liquid glass he would like me to use on his vehicle . He wants it applied to the vehicle and his wheels . I have never used it and the application looks pretty easy . Just wondering if anyone has used it and thought s on the product . I was going to use #845 on the vehicle but he would like to use liquid glass . Also how long does it last Ive heard year . The vehicle I going to be done in about two hours so help and comments are needed asap . Thank you

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

lyodbraun
08-26-2013, 11:05 AM
I've used it and it does work good, just follow the directions on it and should be fine Easton easy off it is... If the customer wants it then go ahead and give him what he wants...

Mike Phillips
08-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Liquid Glass is cleaner/wax.

That is it will clean, polish and leave some type of "protection" behind on the surface, not really a "wax" per se, but it falls into the cleaner/wax category.

Vintage Liquid Glass Pictures (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/27091-vintage-liquid-glass-pictures.html)

Jimmy Buff-it, a friend of mine and a Pro Detailer in Indianapolis sent me this vintage can of Liquid Glass for my antique car wax collection.

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/LiquidGlass01.jpg

My son wanted to see what it looked like under a Black Light...

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/LiquidGlass02.jpg

If you're applying this by machine, be sure to do a Test Spot first and try to use a very soft foam pad. Make sure it's clean too...

This product uses some type of chemical cleaners to "clean" the surface so make sure two wash the car thoroughly to remove any loose dirt first.

:)

07gtcs
08-26-2013, 01:43 PM
I used it before I found AG and it lasts along time. I have it on my RV that was done last spring and when I washed in April it still beaded. I'll find out when I bring home to clean up again for winter here in a couple weeks. Had it on a car for over a year and beaded well on that as well.

pipehack
08-26-2013, 02:35 PM
I've looked at it several time at my local auto parts store. I really didn't care for the way it's supposed to get applied. That's just me and not the product. By the way. Very cool "vintage" can Mike. I've got a few old pieces that I'm going to put up on a swag shelf above my computer. old Mobilgas lamp, A small cast iron bench vise that's about 2" long. A few other trinkets too.

1fastTbird
08-26-2013, 03:13 PM
I used Liquid Glass for years and really enjoyed the slickness and shine that it gave. My father found out about it from his collector car buddies and we always had a can of it along with their LG Pre-Cleaner in the garage. Like with other products, thin is in when using it. It is much more user friendly than Klasse SG, but if layed on too thick you will need to put a little muscle into it.

- Jack K

ScottB
08-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Pretty durable and easy to apply and remove, just apply light coating. Its older technology but some love the plastic like and glossy look.

jgibson2980
08-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Thanks everyone, I jyst ended up coating his wheels with it . The car was in pretty good shape and had obviously been detaed before he purchased it . By a professional and that is coming from me a full time professional detailer . So I topped it off with the #845 it was a silver 2006 Porsche boxer rs60 spyder . Pretty nice ride, I seen no swirls or marring or defects on the dride at all . Spouse to o be 1 pf 800 shipped to the us .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online