PDA

View Full Version : I've been working away at my garage..check it out!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

AL417
06-12-2007, 05:50 AM
What a nice set-up. I love all of the lighting and the floor will finish it off. I just ordered some Gladiator cabinets for my garage. I'm going to take down the shelving and put everything out of sight in the cabinets. I sold a motorcycle to give me more room in the garage for detailing. This is madness!

ricka
06-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Looks fantastic! My garage is an eyesore. Crap everywhere. Maybe it will motivate me...

Then again right now I have the same chance turning invisible.

One question; where's the power car lift?

dengood1
06-12-2007, 06:46 AM
Nica, looks great! One thing though, the walls and ceiling are blue and white would have been brighter, more reflective. I know that paint can darken whatever you're painting. You may want to repaint it white when all is said and done. Looks a heck of a lot better than mine!!! lol

Totoland Mach
06-12-2007, 07:22 AM
WOW! Double WOW! What a nice transformation you've done to the garage. The only comment I'd throw your way is to ditch the steel cart and get a plastic industrial one. We did that at the shop because of the "chance" that the cart might contact a BMW. I ordered an industrial cart from a distributor in California for $60 and it's great. Let me know and I'll send you a link.

Toto (you can come to Kansas anytime and remodel my garage..free beer)

Nica
06-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Lauren - thanks babe, I'm happy the way it turned out...but you know us boys I wish it was bigger and taller.

Nimble - Thanks buddy, it will be nice to detail vehicles in it.

sneek - Yup same mower but man your's looks incredable, I haven't detailed mine hahahaha...I was looking at mine this past weekend after I mowed the lawn...some Menzerna to remove the swirls and then Menzerna Glaze toped off with Souveran...:righton: hahahaha. I'll give you a ring buddy.

AUdakota - No, the back three are in one switch the middle lights are in another and the wall mounted lights are in another switch.

sparkie - Thanks bro, and thanks for all the help you :righton:

mingraygt - Thank you

Gary Sword - Thanks Gary, your correct. I didn't purchase enough lights I still need about 6 more...I only a package of 20. Looking forward to pictures of your garage Gary.

AL417 - Thanks Al...I was actually looking at some Gladiator cabinets too. They are very nice, haven't decided just yet though....you sold a bike :eek:. I agree the floor will really make a big difference.

ricka - Thank you, I was fortunet because the garage was just roughed in so I could start from scratch. The lift...it's coming...but I've been doing some measuring and I don't know if it's a good idea to have it in this garage, it's not long and tall enough...I'd love to get it and be able to have one vehicle up and park another underneath it...oh and to detail it would be heaven to have a lift. Still looking in to it though.

dengood1 - Thanks for the tip buddy, as I painted it I was a little woried that the blue might be to dark but it's a light blue so it's not to bad. What saved me though is the lighting patern my friend at work configured to maximise on the lights. I'll have a total of 13 dual fixtures so 13 x 2 = 26 T8 - 40W iliminating a 20 x 22 garage...should be okay. Thanks for the tip though, if I do see that I'm having a hard time seeing I'll re-painted...it's still good to be repainted.

Totoland Mach - Master Toto, I got the idea from you buddy. Seeing your shop got me thinking. I totally agree about the steel cart, I'm going to be returning it shortly but I haven't seen the plastic one's around here...could you please let me know what the link is buddy. Greatly appreciated. Doing a garage is lots of work...mmmm...beeerrrrrrr...hahaha...very temping Toto...very temping in deed.

Nica
06-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Tropicality - oh she's bright in there alright...thanks for the compliments buddy.

D&D Auto Detailing - Thank you for the compliment.

Excessive Detail - you are correct my friend I'm missing 6 more lights.

devst8
06-12-2007, 09:34 AM
my friend, you have made a great garage! the lightning is perfect! no more moving lights!

richy
06-12-2007, 09:41 AM
What a nice set-up. I love all of the lighting and the floor will finish it off. I just ordered some Gladiator cabinets for my garage. I'm going to take down the shelving and put everything out of sight in the cabinets. I sold a motorcycle to give me more room in the garage for detailing. This is madness!

Al..get a grip quickly! Are you kidding? Please tell me you've got another one hidden away somewhere! I have my products in milk crates to give room for my Intruder and that's the way it'll stay. being off on parental leave right now, I took the insurance off for this year, but I'll be back on 'er next. M/C's are another big passion of mine.

sneek
06-13-2007, 06:02 PM
woops I re-read your post, and from what I have read you should double up on the epoxy. PM my your email and I can forward all the emails Rustoleum sent to me.

Gnarboots11
06-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Looks good, 1 thing I highly reccomend is a TV. I hang out in the garage all day long on the weekends with baseball on, football, ESPN, whatever. I actually prefer to watch tv outside as oppose to inside on the couch and that keeps me working on stuff. Love TV in the garage. Anyways, nice work man, looks great!

Truls
06-13-2007, 06:15 PM
WOW that was great, Love the lights, its a must when detailing.

You got so many lights that you may consider using sunblock so you dont get burnt...

Nica
06-13-2007, 07:00 PM
sneek - you think I'll need more EPOXY? Really? I'll PM you...I got two of kits of it.

Gnarboots11 - oh I agree with you about the TV. I told my wife that I'm going to get a TV for the garage she thought I was crazy...I've explained it to her so many times and she just wont get it...woman ;) I'm sure I'll end up getting a nice LCD TV in there :D

Truls - The lighting sure helps, makes such a big difference. I'm looking forward to this weekend...I got a few vehicles lined up...hahaha sunblock...hahaha good one.

Gary Sword
06-13-2007, 07:13 PM
I told my wife that I'm going to get a TV for the garage she thought I was crazy...I've explained it to her so many times and she just wont get it...woman ;) I'm sure I'll end up getting a nice LCD TV in there :D

Nica, I hope you don't over do it to the point where you are sleeping in the garage because it that happens it probably won't be because you want to. ;)

Nica
06-13-2007, 07:15 PM
...ah so true Gary...but if I do end up sleeping in the garage at least I'll have all I need...polishign products, polishign tools, some cars to sleep in/polish, a TV...I don't know about the friedge (not enough room, me thinks)...heck with all the polishing products I wont need a blankie :D

Thanks for the warning Gary...I'll have to keep that in mind as I keep working away at the garage ;)

Gary Sword
06-13-2007, 07:20 PM
...ah so true Gary...but if I do end up sleeping in the garage at least I'll have all I need...polishign products, polishign tools, some cars to sleep in/polish, a TV...I don't know about the friedge (not enough room, me thinks)...heck with all the polishing products I wont need a blankie :D

Thanks for the warning Gary...I'll have to keep that in mind as I keep working away at the garage ;)

You got to get a fringe in the garage Nica. Cold drinks in the summer are a must when detailing.