PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic?

paradog
06-11-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm confused....(insert joke here)

All these products with acrylic formulas...is this bad for the car or is it a cheap way to a nice shine? I am at the point that I will only use a sealant during the winter months and the rest of the time I wax almost every 2 weeks. I dont want to destroy the paint in the long run for instant looks now.

Al-53
06-11-2007, 09:56 PM
The Acrylics will not harm your paint...in fact some are very well chemically engineered like Klasse...Autoglym...Grojett 2000...Jeff Werkstats...and provide top notch protection along with some nice looks.....I think you will see more and more water based acrylic sealants coming to market as VOC reg's get tighter and tighter....

Al

ltoman
06-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Yo Todd! What's up?? School is out this week. Guess i can get to the post office now!!!
Are you done already??

Excessive Detail
06-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Acrylics are good base coat sealants and look amazing topped with liquid or past waxes. Klasse SG is one of the best, and it can be used on more than just paint, I use it on my wheels, some plastics, and windows. It can even be diluted and used in a spray for in between waxes as a booster. Klasse AIO combines the abilities of SG with a strong chemical cleaner, which can be used to clean paint, windows, and restore faded plastics and trim. Definitely worth a try.

paradog
06-12-2007, 05:51 AM
Yo Todd! What's up?? School is out this week. Guess i can get to the post office now!!!
Are you done already??

another 2 weeks..June 22....ugh! Are you sending me something...LOL

ScottB
06-12-2007, 05:34 PM
you only need to be worried about low grade silicones ... these can breach the paint and cause fisheyes when bodywork is needed.

FMINUS
06-12-2007, 05:57 PM
How do you remove acrylic? Just a regular paint cleanser? P21S/Pinnacle?

BILL
06-12-2007, 05:59 PM
How do you remove acrylic? Just a regular paint cleanser? P21S/Pinnacle?

Klasse AIO should do it.......

TOGWT
06-17-2007, 03:49 AM
Acrylic sealants:
Polyacrylate - a group of polymers which could be referred to as plastics generally, they are noted for their transparency. Some acrylate monomers (the components of the polymers) used to form acrylate polymers may be acrylic acid, butyl acrylate, 2-ethylhexyl acrylate or methyl acrylate. Zaino and Dura Gloss are two examples of non-acrylic polymers, which produce a ‘clear bright shine’. Klasse or Werkstatt (acrylic polymers) tend to produce a ‘liquid glow’. Fracture/evaporation temperatures - 265 - 285oF (130 - 140°C)

sparkie
06-17-2007, 06:44 AM
I believe liquid glass is acrylic too.

BILL
06-17-2007, 07:29 AM
I believe liquid glass is acrylic too.

im always tempted to buy that wax........any thoughts of that acrylic product?:confused:

sparkie
06-17-2007, 07:49 AM
im always tempted to buy that wax........any thoughts of that acrylic product?:confused:
Bill I like the stuff. Easy on and easy off. I don't know why I don't use it more.

BILL
06-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Bill I like the stuff. Easy on and easy off. I don't know why I don't use it more.

i'll pick it up next time.......thanks Sparkie...;)

ltoman
06-17-2007, 01:43 PM
you only need to be worried about low grade silicones ... these can breach the paint and cause fisheyes when bodywork is needed.

ag does not sel anything that would fall in this category, right kllr? and what are fisheyes? sounds gross......Feed back please Feed back please

sorry to hijack, todd!

ScottB
06-17-2007, 03:07 PM
ag does not sel anything that would fall in this category, right kllr? and what are fisheyes? sounds gross......Feed back please Feed back please

sorry to hijack, todd!

nothing that comes to mind. Alot of the cheap mass market products use it as very cost effective. Fisheyes is the paints inability to attach and cure properly. It pools and looks like fish eyes.