PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire rocks

Audiman77
08-25-2013, 11:02 AM
My A5 was covered in swirls. Used CG V34, V36, 2 coats of BFAFPP and 1 coat of Bf CS. Happy with the final result. Sore as hell tho lol 20874

Kaban
08-25-2013, 01:45 PM
The only two products I have used by BF were their clay bar and the BFWD. Both have been superb products.

BFWD is one of my favorites to use on glass. I have yet to find a glass sealant t or coating that is durable on the front windshield, but BFWD on the side glass and rear glass is amazing in its beading and sheeting qualities and its durability. So easy to apply, cost effective, and provides several months of protection on a daily driven, kept outside vehicle.

wdmaccord
08-25-2013, 01:49 PM
2 coats of BFWDAFPP probably unnecessary, especially if you are topping with CS. Do 2 coats of CS 3-4 hours apart. Top that with BF Midnight Sun paste wax and you will be grinning from ear to ear.

Audiman77
08-25-2013, 01:51 PM
2 coats of BFWDAFPP probably unnecessary, especially if you are topping with CS. Do 2 coats of CS 3-4 hours apart. Top that with BF Midnight Sun paste wax and you will be grinning from ear to ear.

Ur rite. But after the first coat I had a bird bomb on my roof. Had to use a compound to get it out. So my OCD kicked in and I redid the entire car. I have issues

Audiman77
08-25-2013, 01:52 PM
The only two products I have used by BF were their clay bar and the BFWD. Both have been superb products.

BFWD is one of my favorites to use on glass. I have yet to find a glass sealant t or coating that is durable on the front windshield, but BFWD on the side glass and rear glass is amazing in its beading and sheeting qualities and its durability. So easy to apply, cost effective, and provides several months of protection on a daily driven, kept outside vehicle.

Love it on glass. Water bounces off

wdmaccord
08-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Ur rite. But after the first coat I had a bird bomb on my roof. Had to use a compound to get it out. So my OCD kicked in and I redid the entire car. I have issues

That sucks! Been there man. Us black car owners are probably the most OCD of all of them.:buffing:

Audiman77
08-25-2013, 02:24 PM
That sucks! Been there man. Us black car owners are probably the most OCD of all of them.:buffing:

U aren't kidding man. I swore I would never buy another black audi bc the clear coats so sensitive. But i did and now I'm paying the price. Lol. I look at it the wrong way and it gets swirls

Kaban
08-25-2013, 05:08 PM
U aren't kidding man. I swore I would never buy another black audi bc the clear coats so sensitive. But i did and now I'm paying the price. Lol. I look at it the wrong way and it gets swirls

You have a black AUDI. Audi has one of the nicest and hardest clearcoats to work with, including their metallic and Jet Black. You want a nightmare? Try Honda black, or if you really want to have a fun day (maybe so fun that you quit detailing for good because you had so much fun), try Subaru black. :dblthumb2:

Audiman77
08-25-2013, 09:12 PM
You have a black AUDI. Audi has one of the nicest and hardest clearcoats to work with, including their metallic and Jet Black. You want a nightmare? Try Honda black, or if you really want to have a fun day (maybe so fun that you quit detailing for good because you had so much fun), try Subaru black. :dblthumb2:

My friend has a black wrx and complains about the paint all the time. My clear coat gets swirls when the wind blows. My older 06 A6 didn't seem that sensitive.