PDA

View Full Version : Question re: fuzion and waterspots

Dewy
08-25-2013, 05:40 AM
I think I'm starting to agree with Silverfox and may stop waxing. I have a black tacoma which is a dd and I sealed it with WG3. Several weeks of normal driving with rain here and there. After a good wash, everything was fine. Then I applied fuzion and it looked great. Same dd routine, but after this wash etched waterspots everywhere. I'm still new to all this. Could the wax be the cause? Can their be etched waterspots that are not down to the clearcoat. I mean could the spots be in the sacrificial layers and my cc is safe? What do you guys think? Thanks for your help.

Quiksilver5882
08-25-2013, 10:30 AM
I don't think the wax is the issue. I've had this problem as well when I had opticoat on my car. Waterspots are inevitable if your car lives outside. A light polish should be able to remove all of the spots. I typically use menzerna sf4500 to get rid of all the spots. I'm testing out Sonax Polymer NetShield as my LSP to see if it is any more resistant to the spotting.

silverfox
08-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Since dumping carnauba my water spotting has almost disappeared. In fact try some Carpro hydro2 (after you buff the carnuba off ) and when it rains or you drive in a rain storm the car practically washes itself clean.

Try that with wax.

Dewy
08-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Can carpro hydro 2 be applied over dp coating? I bought the coating to apply before winter but I could change my mind. Thanks for the help.

silverfox
08-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Hydro2 can absolutely be applied over a coating or sealant.

However it can be a finicky product. You must never even try to apply it on a hot paint surface. It must be cool to the touch.

Do not over apply. Very fine mist is fine. Don't apply too close to the panel.

And finally rinse the daylights out of the paint. Don't just rinse quickly. Rinse and re-rinse. If you leave any residue on the paint it will dry and leave streaks.

Dewy
08-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Thank you. This is a product I just overlooked. I'll be ordering some tomorrow.