PDA

View Full Version : How soon can DP paint coating and glass coating interact with water

SON1C
08-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Is there a 24 hour window etc where the product needs to "setup" or is it ready to rock after application and buff off

cleanmycorolla
08-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Is there a 24 hour window etc where the product needs to "setup" or is it ready to rock after application and buff off

The curing is done pretty fast. I believe Nick early on said that it shouldn't be washed, but water could hit it after 24hrs.

All I kwow is I used Iraq on my headlights, 36 hrs later I caught a bird bomb on one and used UWW+ and didn't see any issue. If that helps hahaha:iagree:

Wors
08-24-2013, 07:12 PM
I found his response from the initial release thread:

Good question Marc. 95% of the curing is done within the first hour. After one hour has passed, it's safe for the vehicle to get wet. It shouldn't be washed for a day or two though.

cleanmycorolla
08-24-2013, 07:23 PM
The curing is done pretty fast. I believe Nick early on said that it shouldn't be washed, but water could hit it after 24hrs.

All I kwow is I used Iraq on my headlights, 36 hrs later I caught a bird bomb on one and used UWW+ and didn't see any issue. If that helps hahaha:iagree:

So my ipad obliterated that don't know why it typed Iraq when I meant "some". Thank you ipad.