PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Leather Protectant for Exterior?

Kappy
08-24-2013, 04:53 PM
The description for the Leather Protectant says it can be used on exterior trim and molding, as well as interior leather and vinyl. If I'm not mistaken this is called Protectant Plus when sold in the gallon size. Has anyone tried it, and does it last when used on the exterior? What about using it for the rubber trim around the doors?

And while we're on the subject of Optimum, their product line is a little confusing.

What's the main difference between the Instant Detailer and Gloss Enhancer, and Opti Clean? Can't they both used on all surfaces?

cleanmycorolla
08-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Opti clean is more a waterless wash. Instant Detailer , well it's a Detailer so yes they're safe just different purposes.

VP Mark
08-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Never used their leather protectant, but Opti-Bond Tire Gel does a fine job on most trim.

wytstang
08-25-2013, 09:35 AM
I've only used it on my interior, being water based I don't think it would last that long during the rainy season so I never bothered. I did use it on door seals and it does just fine.

Kappy
08-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Never used their leather protectant, but Opti-Bond Tire Gel does a fine job on most trim.

Thanks. And then, of course, looking up Opti Bond Tire Gel I see there's an Optimum Tire Shine, and several threads comparing those two, as well as the Protectant Plus, which can also be used on tires. Each one works a little differently and they all have multiple uses.

I've only used it on my interior, being water based I don't think it would last that long during the rainy season so I never bothered. I did use it on door seals and it does just fine.

Thanks. I'm thinking of trying it on some door seals, along side of something else, to compare the difference.