PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with paint correction to factory sealant

82Gman
08-24-2013, 01:06 PM
I searched the forum and couldn't find anyone dealing with paint correcting factory sealant.
I've had 2 cars in the past month that were sealed at the dealership or factory. The coating is harder than anything I've ever encountered. 1st was a 2013 camero, red. 2nd was a 2012 Audi A8L, silver.

They both have taken them to car washes and marred the coating. I had to resort to a Flex 3401, Meguires microfiber cutting pad and M105. 2-3 passes!!

Is there an easier way?

Someone mentioned there is a chemical from the factory that is suppose to be for that, but I can't find anything. Google search keeps taking me to people asking about Chem Guys Factory Sealant.

Evan.J
08-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Do you know what kind of paint is on the car? PPG is there a sticker anywhere on a window?

I don't think it would be the ppg ceramiclear but then again it could be. See if you can locate the paint code. Should be on the drivers door

BlackHawk
08-24-2013, 02:24 PM
I highly doubt that "dealership coating" is anything but regular sealant. Your paint must be hard in the first place.

cleanmycorolla
08-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Your rock hard dealership coating that marred wasn't even a coating, it was a cheapo sealant, and unfortunately they got you! Strip all that crap off and do it yourself! You'll get better products to protect your car for hundreds and hundreds less that what the stealership did

Pinpoint_Precision
08-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Dealers put a sealant now maybe just maybe on your Audi A8L you might have some sort of nano coating there. Did you pay extra for it? I doubt your Camaro has it, it might be a sealant. Just strip it off with either Dawn or on a safer side, use CG Citrus Wash and Gloss I think that's what's called, Nick recently did a review on it I believe. I know for a fact Camaro paints are hard to correct and Audi paints specially their flagship cars are very well coated as well from factory.