PDA

View Full Version : first time using..griot's garage 6" DA just broke

olenderc
08-23-2013, 07:44 PM
I was so excited to finally do a full detail and use a DA for the first time. Just as I was nearing the end of my final polish so I could end it with a wax, my GG DA breaks! The metal component inside the black house started to wiggle a little and I noticed my pad was almost wobbling a little. Next thing I know the whole metal piece just falls right out with my backing plate and pad attached. Needless to say, I was extremely frustrating having spent the better part of about 12 hours detailing!

I'm not sure what to do, I've heard the GG DA has a lifetime warranty, but I couldn't find anything about a warranty on the paperwork included in the box. Its also Friday going into the weekend, I'm assuming Autogeek is unavailable. My car is my daily driver and I was hoping to be able to finish this by tomorrow, but that won't be happening. Could someone shed some light on what to do in a situation like this, I definitely do not want to shell out another 140 dollars for a new DA.

Evan.J
08-23-2013, 07:52 PM
Call AG tomorrow (if purchased from them). Sorry this happened to you. Can you take a photo of what broke?

What do you have left to do?

yankees2452
08-23-2013, 07:53 PM
I would contact griots garage if I was in your situation. Usually, companies just want a proof of purchase(receipt) and they will ask you to send back the defective product with a number that you write either on or in the box so the know who it is from and the problem with it. I have never dealt with griots garage so they could be different but from my experience this is what usually happens.

olenderc
08-23-2013, 07:59 PM
I've been doing some more reading the past couple minutes and folks said to contact AG if you've bought it within the last month. I bought mine last week so if they are open I'll try contacting AG to see what they can do for me. I'm not even mad it broke, I understand things break all the time, its just such a disappointing feeling of being near the finish line and having this happen. Especially on my first major detail; the car was coming out awesome I was thrilled..:cry:

All I had left was the front bumper to polish and I was ready to apply wax, definitely a huge bummer. :(

olenderc
08-23-2013, 08:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4i3SaDx.jpg

Wheelzntoys
08-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Thought ill fix the link.

http://i.imgur.com/4i3SaDx.jpg

olenderc
08-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Thought ill fix the link.

Sorry, how did you get the picture to show up? I click insert image and enter the URL it asks for but it doesn't post the image, instead just a link? Must be doing something wrong, haha.

Evan.J
08-23-2013, 08:34 PM
I see it. Wow that's crazy it broke like that I've never seen that before.

If you want you can apply the wax or sealant by hand and the do the bumper when you get the new machine

olenderc
08-23-2013, 08:42 PM
I see it. Wow that's crazy it broke like that I've never seen that before.

If you want you can apply the wax or sealant by hand and the do the bumper when you get the new machine

I might do that tomorrow, I'm giving the detailing a rest for the night, I'm not in a detailing kind of mood at the moment, hah.

MarkD51
08-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Wow, that is nuts, but look at the bright side, that the whole head of that DA didn't skid across your paint.

You can perhaps finish the bumper by hand with polish, get onto the protectant, and be done for now.
Mark

kevincwelch
08-23-2013, 09:22 PM
The GG6 has a lifetime guarantee. Other than the inconvenience, you should get a full working replacement or repair.

The Guz
08-23-2013, 09:34 PM
If there is a harbor freight near by you can pick up their DA for about $50 to get your project done until you get your replacement GG DA.