PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guy Tire and Trim Gel

Pages : [1] 2

agarabaghi
08-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Anyone have experience using this product?

Looks interesting and seems to be a no streak gel that will last a while... Feed back please

Angel_r24
08-23-2013, 12:04 PM
I use the Natural Shine and it works for me. I've heard that may be to greasy, tire & trim gel.

FUNX650
08-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Considering the tenor of the current CG's-threads floating around...
You're a brave Man!!

:laughing:

Bob

zm1283
08-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Is it the New Look Tire and Trim Gel? I have it and it looks really good on tires and plastic trim. I've only used OTC stuff before this, so I don't have a lot to compare it against. My only small complaint is that since it's oil-based, it seems to attract bugs and dust. My next tire/trim dressing will be water-based. Probably will go with the Meg's dressing that you can dilute. (D171 maybe?)

agarabaghi
08-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Ive used their G6 and 303 but both tend to run. I guess I should just bit the bullet and buy the Ultima Tire and Trim protectant even though it is pricey

Ohio Detailing
08-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Considering the tenor of the current CG's-threads floating around...
You're a brave Man!!

:laughing:

Bob

Bleh, tell me about it! I've used several CG products over the years, there seems to be a consensus that three or four of their products are amazing, and the rest are repackaged mediocre clones of each other.

I don't see myself ever buying from them again. They do exceptionally well if you google most things for detailing they come up, but they seem to be more interested in women's boobs and making sexual puns, than they are about running a serious operation and producing awesome products.

I'm with you!

agarabaghi
08-23-2013, 02:17 PM
I didn't really ask for your opinions on the company, just a specific product. I've used several CG products and sure, like with all companies, some don't impress me. Overall though, I am happy with a good number of ones ive tried.

Thanks for the lack of input on said product

Ohio Detailing
08-23-2013, 02:44 PM
I didn't really ask for your opinions on the company, just a specific product. I've used several CG products and sure, like with all companies, some don't impress me. Overall though, I am happy with a good number of ones ive tried.

Thanks for the lack of input on said product

You're welcome! Thanks for your ridiculous sarcasm and taking the time to make a pointless snide post! Kudos kiddo! :)

Make sure you direct all that pent up frustration with FUNX725 too - fair is fair after all. Have a wonderful day with high blood pressure.

FUNX650
08-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Make sure you direct all that pent up frustration with FUNX725 too - fair is fair after all.
I believe that teasing is a disinhibited behavior...
just part of the drama acted out in ones everyday social life.

Indeed...
I was only engaging in a redressive action;
deploying what's usually considered by me: A humorous/playful/teasing-tactic.
This tactic would otherwise signal that this type of action should not be taken as a condemnation.

But, alas:
It's often difficult to discern an exaggerated tone of voice, elongated vowels, unusual facial expressions,
a little laugh---just before or after a "tease"--- that's been introduced via the internet.

-These subtleties are a subtle-reminder that a person may, more or less,
be misunderstood at the most inopportune of moments.
Ergo:
I can unequivocally affirm that this was the case, (regarding the involvement of FUNX725), in this particular scenario.

:)

Bob

agarabaghi
08-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Well I enjoy reading his, he takes the time to use colors and similes! ...

So answer me this... if im looking for a non streaking trim condition, would I want a water or oil based one?

lunchboxmunchy
08-23-2013, 04:25 PM
This escalated quickly! Lol.

rjd598
08-23-2013, 06:01 PM

Indeed...
This tactic would otherwise signal that this type of action should not be taken as a condemnation.

But, alas:
It's often difficult to discern an exaggerated tone of voice, elongated vowels, unusual facial expressions,
a little laugh---just before or after a "tease"--- that's been introduced via the internet.

Ergo:
I can unequivocally affirm that this was the case, (regarding the involvement of FUNX725), in this particular scenario.

Bob

Speak English. This is a detailing forum not Harvard

dc52nv
08-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Speak English. This is a detailing forum not Harvard

I'm not a Harvard grad and understood him perfectly. Maybe you should expand your vocabulary.

lunchboxmunchy
08-23-2013, 07:44 PM

Indeed...

But, alas:

Ergo:

Bob

Bob, you're such a silly goose. Haha. I had to read it twice, just to understand it.

Keep Calm & Chive On

agarabaghi
08-23-2013, 08:03 PM
I read and understood, and still have no answer to my question! :)