PDA

View Full Version : "Best" Interior UV Protection?

Pages : [1] 2

BTLew81
08-23-2013, 09:57 AM
I usually tint the windows on my cars. However, I think I am growing out of that and frankly I don't like anyone touching my cars. Even though I have used a highly regarded tint man, it seems like there is always something little I am unhappy with.

Back on point...I am looking to get some opinions on the best UV protection for interior surfaces. The windshield usually has a sun shield when parked, which is great. However, the rear deck on my car is plastic. So, I am looking for some protection there.

I know 303 is a favorite here, but I am open to other suggestions.

Thanks!

Setec Astronomy
08-23-2013, 10:00 AM
I'd try Wolfgang Interior Trim Sealant (WETS) or Ultima Interior Guard Plus (UIGP).

GS2011
08-23-2013, 10:34 AM
I'd try Wolfgang Interior Trim Sealant (WETS) or Ultima Interior Guard Plus (UIGP).

:iagree:

eff
08-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Have you looked at the ceramic tints? They are more expensive vs regular dark tint. But they block out more infrared heat. Your car stays cooler without having to use real dark tint.

As for a protection, I've been happy with Meguiar's Protectant Natural Shine.

agarabaghi
08-23-2013, 12:30 PM
LLumar also makes a clear UV tint for the front windshield which blocks 99% of UV rays and a lot of heat as well. Amazing for my car!

cleanmycorolla
08-23-2013, 12:35 PM
I use Wolfgang cockpit sealant and love it. Lasts months and months. That or UIGP.

Setec Astronomy
08-23-2013, 12:45 PM

I use Wolfgang cockpit sealant and love it. Lasts months and months. That or UIGP.

Sheesh, I must have been sleeping this morning, I meant Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant: Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-cockpit-trim-sealant.html) , not WETS which is for the exterior.

BTLew81
08-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Thanks all. Used Ultima in the past and really liked it. I want to avoid tint. While I've had it in the past, I am just not sure I want to do it again.

wytstang
08-23-2013, 01:35 PM
The 2 that I use are Optimum Protectant plus (called Leather protectant in smaller bottles) and Pinnacle's Vinyl & Rubber Protectant. Both offer UV protection with a low sheen/matte look which I like. I'm happy with both products.

Bigbull2984
08-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Well just throwing another one out therehttp://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-interior-protectant.html.

I use to live in WV, and had total of 3 cars up there. This past March I drove down my 2001 Acura TL to Florida and the car sat outside my sisters place in Tampa for 3 month straight and now sits outside my place here in Tampa.

Before leaving the car I used Blackfire interior protectant on everything including the dash. There is still protection and the interior still looks great from the Florida sun.

BLACKFIRE Interior Protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-interior-protectant.html)

Kevin Cullen
08-23-2013, 02:44 PM
I have used 303, UIGP and Perl. All work well and good products.

Calendyr
08-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Not sure about the protection factor, I simply assumed all the products do a decent job if they are not solvent based.

I use Hyper Dressing and I love it. I use the highest dilution ratio. If give just a very slight shine.

peter hurcos
08-24-2013, 12:42 AM
ya know, no offense, but the opinions from the Great White North don't count for much on this one. I'd like to hear from the 'zonies on this particular issue. you know, the guys with screen names like "azcat" and "desertdawg" I've seen cars from Arizona with dashboards that look like mosaics.

cleanmycorolla
08-24-2013, 01:00 AM
ya know, no offense, but the opinions from the Great White North don't count for much on this one. I'd like to hear from the 'zonies on this particular issue. you know, the guys with screen names like "azcat" and "desertdawg" I've seen cars from Arizona with dashboards that look like mosaics.

Does Los Angeles count drive to the Valleys all the time. :-)

UIGP and Wolfgang Cockpit sealant have never done me wrong.

inDetail
08-24-2013, 07:56 AM
I use CG VRP cut 50/50 with distilled water. It's a cream at full strength. Lasts a really long time and no greasy residue once dry. Love the stuff.