PDA

View Full Version : Correction Pricing

crober53
08-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Alright guys! Been a minute since I lasted posted. Doing 4-6 cars a weeks now. Getting calls left and right! However, I feel like my pricing for paint correction is off. I'm usually doing 60-75/hr or 50 per panel. Hood is considered two panels. Any advice from some vets?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AG Online

Pureshine
08-22-2013, 10:30 PM
I charge 45-55 hour for paint correction. I wouldn't charge per panel just buy the hour. I have no over head so I don't need to charge any more than 45-55hr

rustytruck
08-25-2013, 09:35 PM
I charge $40 hr on top of the price of a detail for compounding. It is usually an hr or two to remove some unsightly scratches. Never had anybody interested in having their whole car perfected.

TundraPower
08-25-2013, 10:36 PM
My rate is 55/hour for labor no matter what the task. It is the customer's choice of products that jacks the bill up. Swissvax Mystery costs a wee more than Butter Wet Wax.

MajinAl
08-25-2013, 10:50 PM
My rate is 55/hour for labor no matter what the task. It is the customer's choice of products that jacks the bill up. Swissvax Mystery costs a wee more than Butter Wet Wax.

It is?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

Calendyr
08-26-2013, 07:44 AM

Ok so you charge time+product? I use a flat fee... it that a mistake?

Pureshine
08-26-2013, 10:07 AM
For none paint correction jobs I make about $30 hour maybe a little more.

TundraPower
08-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Ok so you charge time+product? I use a flat fee... it that a mistake?

I've never used flat fees, I don't think it is fair to me or my customers. If it takes 4 hours to get one vehicle to 80% and 12 hours to get another vehicle to 80% and I charge them the same, one person got shafted and the other got a great deal. You almost have to charge by product for LSP's because of the tremendous price differences.

That's just how I roll guys...

wompasaurus
08-26-2013, 03:07 PM
after glancing at this thread for any amount of correction it seams the average is around 35 a hour plus added cost for choice of wax?

Calendyr
08-26-2013, 04:40 PM
I've never used flat fees, I don't think it is fair to me or my customers. If it takes 4 hours to get one vehicle to 80% and 12 hours to get another vehicle to 80% and I charge them the same, one person got shafted and the other got a great deal. You almost have to charge by product for LSP's because of the tremendous price differences.

That's just how I roll guys...

Sorry I did not express myself correctly. I charge a flat fee of 40$/hour regardless of products used. The only exception is for coating, I feel those should not be included in the base price since they cost 40$ per ounce.